Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
h2B vs poor mans R
so my buddy and i are having this BIG arguement about what we think would be a more ideal set up for an NA build for a track car.

-hes doing a mild built h22, stock bottom end, stock head ports, cams, valves, h2b kit, axles, etc, b16 tranny, no lsd.

vs

-my set up (being built), GSR block, LS crank & rods, RS machine pistons, b16a head, (havnt decided on the cams an what not yet) but its stock ports, leaning towards skunk 2 tuner stg 2 w/ accommodating valve train, but considering some blox cams, and a pretty thin head gasket. stock b16 tranny.

the h22 in reality is only about 60 or so lbs heavier then the b-series, but even that little bit of weight can upset the balance of the car.

lets think of it as same car, same suspension, etc, what do you guys think?
B > H
[Image: 8270515370_73a493ecf6_o.jpg]

(02-04-2011, 11:47 AM)MATTCH Wrote:  Wow, putting other peoples fitment issues to shame one pic at a time. Nice.
When you say track car, are you talking about the strip or road course/autox? Either way, I personally think the poor mans R is better. I would honestly say that the H2B may give the poor mans R a run on the strip but on a road course it's a different story. The B is not only lighter, it's WAY more rev happy. This of course is much more suited to long grueling days hanging out at redline for extended periods of time. I don't know which would be better for the road courses but I know what one would last longer if both treated exactly the same.
EJ8Squad Member #235
OG ghost.
b series fo sho! oh i got blox cams and loving it
WaIt tIl YoU sEe GoD!!! ThEn BrAkE!!
FAMILY GUY MEMBER #12 (GIGGITY)
EJ8 OFFICIAL # 678 WHOOT WOO! Rock

h2b all the way,,,or if your brave f22 block with h22 head
1998 honda civic coupe
1990 rhd honda crx
1967 sunbeam tiger mk 1a
1965 rhd sunbeam tiger mk1
yea were both making our cars more so HPDE friendly. nice having a job that hustles in 400-500 a week part time while in college. but once i finish this build, use it in the spring/early summer, i see myself parting it out, rocking a single in the EJ for a daily and picking up a new toy. once i get more seat time under my belt i wanna experience awd or rwd :p
man sounds like yall are going to just have to see which will be a better driver. i personally like the poor mans R. dont know to much about the H2B.
"There is only one constant in the life, and that is change."
[Image: PICT0008_edited-1.jpg]
(05-29-2006, 04:34 PM)boboej Wrote:  dose this forum have anything to do with the 96 00 honda civic's
If it were me i'd do the B but i think the h2b will be faster
B series!!
Stop bumping old threads, and if you absolutely must bump one make sure you are contributing a useful and informative post. This is a warning.

-Artik.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.