Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
AutoX advice needed.
Okay so I have been saving for a Koni/GC setup, but after reading the AutoX rules etc. Having a modified suspension would put me in the STS class right? I'm thinking I might just get some new tires and GSR seats and learn to drive in a stock class really well first. For all you experienced Solo drivers what would you suggest?

Adam
Squad Member #474-Adam

1998 Honda Civic EX >>> Current Project Code Named Racecar
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS >> The Daily
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX-Totaled
1996 Honda Civic EX-Totaled
Ryan, Gabe, anyone???

I always thought that simply replacing them wouldn't change your classification, but messing with the overall motion and geometry would. Correct me if I'm wrong though as I'm not educated on this.
EJ8Squad Member #235
OG ghost.
From what I understood from the rule book for stock class only OE parts or OE replacements can be used, coil-overs not OE. But I don't know I just started this stuff. Anyone?
Squad Member #474-Adam

Everyone is correct. It is wise to start in a stock class, its easier. And it'll let you learn the most about how your car will handle. If you just start to slap parts on, you might not get what you really ended up needing out of your setup. Just replacing the shocks won't put you in sts. its the Coilovers like previously mentioned.
[Image: mg6078small.jpg]
My Gallery // Canon
imo you will benefit more as a driver in stock form and then building it up than just throwing on parts and giving it a go.. it will give you an idea of how parts actually work and feel like. i say learn the car first and feel out what needs improvement you will save money as well...
[Image: image.php?u=160&type=sigpic&dateline=1257829213]
^^ that is what I was thinking, I'm picking up some GSR seats tomorrow(if they look decent) what tires would you recommend for a DD/AutoX car that aren't ridiculous in price ~$500. I've looked at some Potenza RE960AS or some Ziex-912 both 195/60-14? Any other suggestions?
Squad Member #474-Adam

Good tires are hard to find cheaply. I have Nitto NR NeoGens, alot of the more experienced guys prefer Falkens or Dunlop Direzza DZ101 Star Specs. For my first set of tires I would shoot for a treadwear around 200-300. Grippy, but not grippy enough to hide your mistakes.
[Image: 3248993813_d9d6c03edc.jpg]

BLACK FENDER RACING
./\. ./\. ./\. ./\. ./\. ./\. ./\. X X X X X
BBQ Blowout Sale!!
Falken Azenis' are a great tire, treadwear is 200 and if you shop around and buy at the right time you can get em cheap. I picked up a set for 76$ a tire.
[Image: mg6078small.jpg]
My Gallery // Canon
What size and where did u pick ur's up at?
EJ8 Family Guy member #6
[Image: CIVIC1-1-1.jpg]
"Tap,Snap or Nap" You pick!
tire size on the Azenis.. I would recomment 205/50's