Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'00 EX No Power Locks Except with Alarm Fob
Hello All,

I have a '00 Honda Civic EX that i've had for years. has a viper 5000 alarm on it. Door locks used to work no matter which method I used, i.e.: door switch, manual activation, and or the viper alarm remote. Now the doors only lock when i use my viper alarm remote. If I trigger the door switch, nothing happens. If I manually lock the driver door, neither door lock actuator activates. Can't be the lock actuator as they work with the alarm. I've checked fuses, but maybe I missed one. I'm fairly confident there isn't a separate fuse for the door lock switch. I've replaced the door lock switch with two other units and nothing changed, so it's definitely not that. I'm thinking it would be break in the wiring into the car, but I haven't been able to check yet. If I'm thinking about it correctly, the signal from the door switch travels into the car and activates the signal to unlock, sending a signal back into the door to the door lock actuator.

Any thoughts?

-Drew
[Image: mg6078small.jpg]
My Gallery // Canon
I'm having the same issue. I can lock my car with my alarm remote but it wont unlock the car. My switch is disabled for theft purposes but ive been thinking that after a while of it being disconnected it causes this problem but i havent tested that theory yet. Hopefully someone chimes in with an answer.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
I think for 99-00 the power door lock control module is behind the driver kick panel. I'd probably check that first. 96-98 Civics sometimes need the oem radio plugged in behind the dash for the door locks to work iirc.
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
I used the factory service manual to test the door lock control module. Didn't notice any problems. Then I got to thinking what both the door lock switch and the actuator have in common, based off of the wiring diagrams. The door lock is supposed to activate when you manually lock the driver's door. So I finally realized they utilize the same ground (had earlier deduced that it wasn't the ground because I was testing it at the module.) I pulled the C556 harness plug at the door (leads to the interior) and pulled back the shroud to reveal the completely broken apart ground wire (#22 on the plug). Also noticed the ground wire next to it had worn through the insulation (power windows ground, #23), so now I know exactly what to fix. Will be a pain, needing to remove either the door or the fender for better access, but a simple solder and shrink wrap job.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_02_04_at_8_19_55_PM.png][Image: IMG_3014.jpg][Image: IMG_3015.jpg]
[Image: mg6078small.jpg]
My Gallery // Canon
Glad you found the problem. It's nice that it's relatively simple and won't really cost anything to fix too. Smile
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *