Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Kallar68's 2011 Mustang GT/CS build
So I'll start this off by saying I know it's not for everyone on this site, but you guys are family so I figured I'd post the build here first. If you know me you know Mustangs run deep, and I finally was able to get my hands on one of my legit dream cars. Its a 2011 Mustang GT premium with the California special package, glass roof AND it is an official Daytona 500 pace car #23 of 50 made. I'm the 3rd owner at 40,000 miles and was able to get this very limited production car for the cost of a standard GT. One of the previous owners did modify a few things but they were all done tastefully with reputable parts. but enough talking here are pictures from day 1.

Mod List

Factory Options:
GT/CS Package
Daytona Pace Car package
Optional Glass roof
Optional 3.73 gears

Exterior:
Boss 302 front splitter
Boss 302 grille
6000k HID headlights
6000k HID foglights
LED reverse light bulbs
LED license plate light bulbs

Interior:
Jack Roush signed dashboard
Steeda Tri-ax short shifter
Modern Billet Retro Style Shift Knob
Bondra clutch pedal extension
LED map light bulbs
LED trunk light bulb
Sync USB2 mod

Engine/Tranny:
Roush cold air intake
Blowfish racing sound tube delete
Bob's autosports oil separator w/ custom firewall mount
DIY Ford blue painted coil covers
Ford Racing sport axleback exhaust (Borla)
SVE Hood struts

Suspension:
Ford Racing k springs
Roush RR02 20x8.5
Goodyear 255/35/r20

[Image: IMG_2614.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2627.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2648.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2660.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2671.jpg~original]

Dashboard signed by Jack Roush and Daytona ID Plaque
[Image: IMG_2761.jpg~original]

Absolutely insane optional glass roof. Fun Fact: the glass has been optically tested and it is tinted 50% and blocked 90% of uv rays, doesnt even get hot in there!
[Image: IMG_2765.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2790.jpg~original]

So obviously its a 7 year old car with a decent amount of miles so it had some wear a tear. I went ahead and ordered a brand new steering wheel assembly, and driver seat upholstery from Ford ($$$) and got a new key cut and programmed because unfortunately it only came with one. Also gave her an oil change with a complete switch to Mobil1 synthetic since I had no idea how long it had been since the last change. And lastly on the refurb end of thing I ordered a billet aluminum shift knob to replace the worn down leather one it came with.

I promised myself I'd drive the car for at least 3 months before going crazy with mods but of course the weekend I buy it there's a huge labor day sale on multiple sites. I was able to get an oem boss 302 splitter for $60 under retail and I also got hood struts because I always regretted not having them on the sedan.

I had some LED's left over from when I bought a bunch of random ones for the civic in bulk so I put them to good use and converted the map and reverse lights. Eventually I'll also do the license plate and trunk lights as well.

[Image: IMG_20160904_190635.jpg~original]

So yeah, that's all for now, like i said probably 3 months until anything exciting happens unless i find some killer deals locally. Until then just enjoying the ride! Drive

And before anyone asks, no the civic isn't going anywhere
[Image: Untitled.png~original]
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
I love it
EJ8 Family Guy member #6
[Image: CIVIC1-1-1.jpg]
"Tap,Snap or Nap" You pick!
Pretty cool pick up! Looking forward to those updates.
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
Like I said, really trying to hold off on modding for at least 3 months. I'll be posting the updates for the parts I already ordered and I want to try to do video guides this time around. Let's see how that goes.
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
Nice pick up bro! Looks pretty clean and well takin care of.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
(09-09-2016, 12:43 PM)EJDerrty8 Wrote:  Nice pick up bro! Looks pretty clean and well takin care of.
Looks like the first owner treated her right, very tasteful and reputable mods. 2nd owner abused the interior but I was able to order everything new from Ford at a very steep discount.
As promised here are some updates. First up is my new billet shift knob, love the look and feel of it compared to oem.

[Image: 8ce36e6e607d8b19b354579de11553ca.jpg]

Next up something I've been wanting for the civic since I got it but never got around to doing. Sve hood struts, excellent product, looks like it belongs there from the factory. Also pictured is the blowfish racing sound tube delete, nothing mind blowing just a vacuum cap, clamp and firewall plug.

[Image: a0f052cedd405e9e045e3d35b64205f9.jpg]

[Image: 997624a0a7900c77e001f84b9bcf7205.jpg]

And just some random shots

[Image: ca01b4711f5f18b0f2641c2108f9d3db.jpg]

[Image: 1a7c67104dbbab74443727f0ed7ce6d1.jpg]

My boss 302 splitter came in but the hardware was lost in shipping so I'm waiting on the replacement for that install. Hid and led bulbs on the way because I can't see ish with the halogens after 7 years of hid on the civic.

Also got a near mint oem wheel on ebay for 85 shipped to replace my haggard one. She goes in for a recall on the driver side airbag this Friday so I'm waiting for that to swap the new one in so they don't ruin my new mint one.

That's it for now. Next thing I'm looking to get is an oil separator (catch can).
So badass! Looks even nicer now that I'm looking at it on my computer instead of my phone. Your patience and persistence paid off!
Jackie-O Wrote:My house is home to the illusive, yet powerful, Nom Noms. He will eat your babbys. His eyes are like laser beams, his claws are sharp talons. He slaps like a pimp and makes dogs run in fear.
Your resident smartass mod.
4 Doors FTW

More updates. Friday night I was able to get the boss 302 street splitter installed. So much easier than any of the lips I ever put on the civic, gotta love oem parts! Was also able to install 6000k HID headlights and fogs. The foglight cutoff is so nice now I just need some oem projectors or retrofits.

[Image: a6b52d7083ea323183deb88f0e5e1e53.jpg]

[Image: e2707f0df5a2b91bde4a676afb8d3081.jpg]

Some glass roof love. Factory tinted 50%

[Image: f9c11f91e068e6c93ce76eb252efe622.jpg]

And since the rain finally held up I was bale to give her her first bath. This red is sooooo damn bright lol.

[Image: a7489cea205c314df63dce399e8e2b74.jpg]

[Image: 6284ba917035e68c692912c9a18b5cfb.jpg]

[Image: 8065212200cc54de3b430941de90d7e4.jpg]
Splitter looks good.
EJ8 Family Guy member #6
[Image: CIVIC1-1-1.jpg]
"Tap,Snap or Nap" You pick!