Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
(Not an EJ8, but.....) DA9 wont start, new starter
Basically, we replaced the starter. Had it tested, works perfectly. Tested the power wire to the starter, engine grounds, the starter signal wire.... all good. Connected it all..... doesnt start.

I even used a wire to jump the power between the battery and the signal wire..... fires right up.

Can anyone explain how this can be possible?
No more EJ8.
Artikgrau325is and terriyockeeboi each Wrote:I always imagine an officer wearing an American flag as a cape, just tackling the hell out of someone and saying, "You're under arrest. For America." Then the COPS theme song plays. / I actually like salvage cars more because they're like car zombies.
/ It's what he gets for driving an EG Dodgy
How is your main relay looking? Take it out and see if the soldering is worn/burnt/thin.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

(08-24-2015, 06:37 PM)Artikgrau325is Wrote:  How is your main relay looking? Take it out and see if the soldering is worn/burnt/thin.

Just checked on the (new) main relay, everything looks fine. Messed around and came across some intering stuff. After I managed to get the vehicle started by jumping the signal to the battery, I hopped in the car and tried to turn the key to engage the starter while the vehicle was running just out of curiosity. Surprisingly, it did indeed grind and try to start. I cut the car off and tried to start it again, but it went back to doing nothing. In my work, we have a big battery charging machine, with the option to apply enough power to start the car without having to wait for the charge. I used that just now and managed to start the car without having to jump the starter again. I am so lost right now lol.

I tested (and replaced) the battery and starter, to see if either were faulty, but neither helped.

It seems the signal wire is supposed to get 8v of power when the keys is turned to the "start" position, but i found that it is only getting about 5v. All fuses have been checked, but idk qhere to go from here
No more EJ8.
Artikgrau325is and terriyockeeboi each Wrote:I always imagine an officer wearing an American flag as a cape, just tackling the hell out of someone and saying, "You're under arrest. For America." Then the COPS theme song plays. / I actually like salvage cars more because they're like car zombies.
/ It's what he gets for driving an EG Dodgy