Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
horn problems
First of all good day to you all.
So iv looked up as many write ups and videos as I could on wiring up aftermarket steering wheel horns. I did everything from finding the horn wire to putting the bent piece of metal behind the hub on the column but my problem is every time I try to slide the hub on over the shafted it's completing the circut with out me even touching the button. I don't know what missing. Nor am I very electrically inclined. This isn't my strong suit. I'm using a 96 itr steering wheel with Idk what kind of hub. But it's. Not a quick release. Any help would be greatly appreciated
[Image: 0d0b02d4-3035-440d-9571-ab5245e5efbd_zpsbs7oubrj.jpg]
squad member 703! Rock
You must of crossed the button wires or the flat piece that u screw under your stearing wheel is making contact with something when you put pressure on it ? It very easy to find and fix
My button isn't conected when I put my steering wheel on. I have 1 wire going to the flat piece of metal witch isn't grounded. I can't even put my steering wheel all the way on before it sets my horn off. As soon as the hub touches the metal it grounds it's self out on the shaft coming from the column
squad member 703! Rock
As ive done a write up on addig an aftermarket wheel, the OEM should be easy..

The brown wire is live and should connect to the wheel somewhere. Lets see some pics of what your working with
Well I sat there and just starred at the hub and the piece of metal I out in there. And I finally realized that the piece of metal was a tad to long and when I put the steering wheel on it would flex just enough to touch the other end of the hub and ground it's self out so I shortened it and voila!! It works now I'm an idiot. And iv been away from cars to long can't even figure out the simple things anymore. Sheesh Sad
squad member 703! Rock
[Image: fbsi.gif]