Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Altornater
Hi guys ,hopefully someone can help me my altanater is whining and is giving a little whistling sound low pitch, i got a alt but not sure if i should put it on ,its same pluge type but i think it from a 1.6 sohc .or a 1.4 sohc . My engine is b16a can i damage anything if its not some part number is AHGA26
I looked at lots of site that lists that part number but not sure what to make of it any help would be greatly appreciated,
All the best leej8
Anyone? Someone must know if i will do damage if i use 1.4 altanator in b1.6
Come on someone has the information, if not im in the wrong forum,
From what I read the AHGA26 alternator is for a single cam OBD1 engine. I personally would acquire the one made for your b16a as it's OBD0. This way you will have no issues.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(06-08-2015, 12:46 PM)Gimmezell Wrote:  From what I read the AHGA26 alternator is for a single cam OBD1 engine. I personally would acquire the one made for your b16a as it's OBD0. This way you will have no issues.
But I'm obd2 96 b16a sir , I know what your saying about having the same alt, but the one I have is same plug type ,was wondering what would be the worst that could happen if I use it? On till I find the one for my car ,
If the plug is the same and the belt grooves and mounts are the same, it won't hurt anything. And as long as it charges the same volts it won't be an issue Smile
Sorted, thanks!
How was it sorted out?
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Yea man just get the one for ur car and thats it allot of the pkugs that pkug into alternators are almost the same but if i wer u i would just go with what my car ask for
(06-28-2015, 03:38 PM)Gimmezell Wrote:  How was it sorted out?
Yeah I got hold of a newish alt for my car and the one I had in it I got refurbished for down the road,I also replaced my power steering pump and all belts ,car runs great , just waiting to put my maxim works header on ,need to get flange welded to my cat to suit 2.5 collector, I have a 70mm skunk2 tb but not sure if it's over kill for my 1.6 sir2? Put ss break lines all round too and am still waiting to put my ek9 dash in ,iv never done it before so I'm a little put off by it but people said it's a simple job lol .All the best [Image: 341385315fe0dbaf5bfb2e710119b746.jpg]