Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
whale penis problems!!!
I recently installed a jdm whale penis on my 99 ej8 d16y8. Everything was going good until there was one sensor left. I have no idea what or where it goes. Either way now, my cel is on and it's annoying. I tried taking off the ground for 5, then 10 minutes . To reset the ecu. But still won't go away. Has anyone had this problem?
I posted some pictures too. Now you can clearly see how in the oem it has 3 outlets and the jdm only has 2.

I think it's because I'm new to this site but I can't upload any pictures.
But I think it's the iac. Not the connection that goes to the map sensor but the one to the actual intake.
Try uploading your pictures on http://www.imgur.com then putting the direct link inside the [img]insertlinkhere[/img]. I only remember the oem intake having two holes on it. One for the IAT and one for the breather hose to the valve cover.
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
how many sites did you post this on?
Sounds like your IAT sensor .. The sensor should be mounted to intake and plugged it
1slow_ej8, were you able to get the whale penis issue resolved?
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Yeah IAT sensor not plugged in it seems , no biggie , plug it in and good to go ,
Im sure he did, he posted it on at least 3 sites.. Im sure he got his answer..

Now he's gone like a fart in the wind