Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
EM1 Sway Bar
Hey guys,

So I'm starting to have some extra cash laying around, and I want to start upgrading my suspension. I've searched around a bunch, and since this car is my DD (I'm driving almost 2500KM a month ; 1500 miles) I've decided that at least for now I want to keep my car reasonably stock, which some minor suspension upgrades,

This has lead me towards getting an EM1 13mm Sway bar.

So basically, I'm extremely new to this whole car thing, and don't really know any one that is into cars, and I was wondering how you guys would go about getting an OEM 13mm Sway bar. I live in Canada, so shipping from a lot of places is a bit of a bitch.
Would honda dealers still have any?

On another note, I'm also interested in upgrading to coilovers in the next few months. I'm only looking at a small drop, maybe just a 1 finger gap in the wheel well. I'm more interested in having a neutral handling car. What would you guys suggest for something in the 600-800 dollar range. I was looking at Progress CSII and Koni/GC combo. What spring rates would work well with a stock front sway, and a 13mm rear.

It's a 1998 coupe by the way.

Thanks for all the help, I'm super new to this, so forgive me if this is all basic. I did use the search bar haha, just looking for a more specific answer.

Bryn
[Image: kJGJojo.jpg?1]
you can use a 13mm sway bar from an integra, del sol, eg but you will need em1 (or aftermarket) endlinks and em1 subframe brackets. Your best bet is probably a junkyard, ebay or craigslist, maybe kijiji if its popular near you.

as far as coilovers everyone here is going to point you in the direction of function and form or a koni/gc set up.

best thread for sway bars:
http://www.ej8squad.com/thread-9665.html
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
I am using my 99 ej8 as a daily as well and have been running a SI sway for years and it is a nice, cheap, and easy upgrade. As for suspension I am in the process of putting H&R OE sport springs on the car which are supposed to drop it about an inch. I will keep you posted as to how it goes, but I chose those springs bc they are like stock when it comes to ride but it improves handling (a little) and i do not have to worry about speed bumps or potholes. just my take on the situation good luck man!
Squad member#343
(04-25-2015, 12:33 PM)SpeedoKing Wrote:  I am using my 99 ej8 as a daily as well and have been running a SI sway for years and it is a nice, cheap, and easy upgrade. As for suspension I am in the process of putting H&R OE sport springs on the car which are supposed to drop it about an inch. I will keep you posted as to how it goes, but I chose those springs bc they are like stock when it comes to ride but it improves handling (a little) and i do not have to worry about speed bumps or potholes. just my take on the situation good luck man!

Where did you get the Sway bar from, if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks for the info man, let me know about those springs.
[Image: kJGJojo.jpg?1]