Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
15x7 rim offset ?
hello, im looking at this ad:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/markha...1027676013

but the seller let me know the offset was between 30-34 (hes away for the week and will get back to me with the exact)

but would those even fit? im looking at wheel calculators and it says it would only stick out say 20mm towards the fender and none more to the suspension side, but from reading posts and other forums, it seem people are recommending 40-45 offset still with 7 inch wide rims and same offset with 6 -6.5 inch rims.

anyone have 7inch wide (possibly 15 inch) rims that can divulge their offsets.
i plan to put 205/50 on them and i also have 93 integra RTAs which i read in only one post would effect the offset when on a civic, but i dont see how physically that would work (i figure the only differnce is the bushing from when i had them installed) or any other posts confirming that.

when i got the car years back it had 17x7 rims on there with like a 40 offset which rubbed only in the back after i got the rear disc. previous owner (uncle) said the disc are what ruined them fittment and made them rub. i got rid of them pretty quick and went to my favoured 15 rims. but i dont know if he was just hating because he said the car was perfect when i got it (rear drums had to be adjusted every couple months for some reason though) but not to get off topic what offsets are you running with 15inch rims in general.

i just got 15x6.5 #40 steelies for the summer.
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
Yes, a 15x7 +30-+34 will fit. A "recommended size" depends on what direction you are going for in your build. Here are some pictures of a Civic on 15x7 +35 for reference http://honda-tech.com/wheels-119/sebring...s-2958341/
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
IMO 15x7 +35 is the perfect offset for our cars. You can run regular size tires and a moderate drop and very little camber without ever rubbing. You can always add like a 5mm spacer if your fitment allows.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
im going to the either flush with the fender, but more inside the fender isnt bad but i dont want it to poke out from the side of the car.

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
They will fit fine. 15x7 +35 through +45 is what our cars were intended to run before this hellaflush stretched tire fad kicked in a couple years ago.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
even with a +30 offset 7inch wide wheels will fit okay?

sorry, im just trying to get an idea for range as im just hoping to pick them up as is without fitting them on first.

Yes those should still be within the range of what you are going for. I run 15x8 +25 and I like how they fit
I have 15x7.5 et32 wheels on low profile tires.
I drive tucking some tire and I only rub hitting bumps while turning.
so ive put the rims on. exact size is 15x7 et34 rim with a 205/50 tire.

[Image: yQaXxte.jpg]

[Image: kWiNT7E.jpg]

[Image: 8lPjmtc.jpg]

i mainly took photos of the rear wheel because they rub when im turning. does it just need more camber because of the whole rim/offset/tire change plus i would guess an alignment or is it something else. i have 93 teg rear trailing arms, which i once read puts the wheel out a little more (only one post i found) so maybe thats its.

also i want to have my car a little lower and also not have wheels rub (scared they will slice my tire and blow it out (not sure if thats possible)). would that just be done with a stiff spring rate like 450, right now i have eibach lowering springs with 250ish i think.

maybe its just the camber.

thank you

i think im done with these rims already. too much poking out for me also rubbing too hard. im currently searching kijiji for some 15x6 et45. i think that the si wheel size, not sure but from my calculations itll seem to fit better then 15x7 et34. by better i mean with less modifacations on my side