Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Boost or function/form??
Im at the crossroads where I want to slam my civic and get new rims AND I want to boost it. Im stuck. lol. Either way ill have the money to do both......but im debating fixing everything and getting it cleaned all up and dealing with the slow stock D16y8 for another year till I save up the money for POWA!!! But if I went with exterior mods here is what id do....

form and function 1 coilovers ($600)
front lip and fog lights ($100)
rear window spoiler ($30)
XXR Black Chrome 527's (probably 16" have no idea what offset to run)
nitto 555's ($550)
fix interior door panels and replace carpet ($400?)

I think it would look pretty sick. Just dont want it to be like hey thats nice......to bad its slow....lol.

any one have any opinions?? Id love to keep a stock looking sleeper civic to......that would be the other route. Do absoloutely nothing on the outside but make the motor a complete beast......I have stock LS mesh Wheels already and a custom exhaust.

Bananalama

also is it true that there is a classified on here? Hopefully someone is selling a turbo kit lol
sounds good, but i think you might need more than just coilovers to get away with slam slamming your car (from my readings)
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
Just do best of both worlds and not slam your car and do a nice functional but low ride height. I mean you can go boost being slammed to if you decided too. My opinion id just go with a nice suttle clean look for now till you get money. Who cares if it's slow. I've been running a a stock single for 7 years now. Doesn't bother me a bit. But always more to wanting the hp so I'd do research to see exactly what numbers and power your wanting. As far as low look. Roll fenders and possibly do a slight pull on them so you don't run into issues. Been down that road before

That's coming from someone who was at one point prob the lowest in function forms too
i'd do suspension / wheels first.
[Image: a216bb94-9ac6-4b43-a7be-ffb3e02772d0_zps4a67a22f.jpg]
Quality > Quantity
(01-20-2015, 02:57 PM)ryan Wrote:  Just do best of both worlds and not slam your car and do a nice functional but low ride height. I mean you can go boost being slammed to if you decided too. My opinion id just go with a nice suttle clean look for now till you get money. Who cares if it's slow. I've been running a a stock single for 7 years now. Doesn't bother me a bit. But always more to wanting the hp so I'd do research to see exactly what numbers and power your wanting. As far as low look. Roll fenders and possibly do a slight pull on them so you don't run into issues. Been down that road before

That's coming from someone who was at one point prob the lowest in function forms too

HMMMMMM See this makes me wanna slam it lol. My wife told me today she would rather have me slam it and put new wheels on rather than turboing it. I was really into street racing and got my self into trouble a few years back.....so i need to cool it for a year i guess. Ill try something new and go for an all out suspension beast Smile

(01-20-2015, 07:31 PM)paigow Wrote:  i'd do suspension / wheels first.

im debating on xxr 531, 526, 530's just dont have any clue on what offset to run
I decided to take the route of power first then cosmetics after. I do have to say having to choose between the two sucks. My car still looks like **** so thats always depressing but at least when I get behind the wheel its not slower than a hybrid. If I were to make my car look good first id hate driving my car but id like to look at it. Now I hate to look at it but like to drive it. I always kept it in my head that Id rather have a car that's fun to drive, rather than a car that looks nice. Ive been considering swapping shells or something since I can get a clean shell fairly cheap.

So +1 for boost first but on the other hand after I upgraded my suspension to form & function type 1s and lower it a bit it became much more fun to drive also. (I got coilovers a year after doing a B-series swap)
-Jay was here
Mine are 16x8 +25 which I didnt want the +20 cuz IMO its too far. the +25 seems perfect for me. Im running a 205/40 tire. I dont have any major rubbing issues, then again my fenders are rolled.

since your new to civics, read this first

http://www.ej8squad.com/thread-12879.html
(01-22-2015, 03:01 AM)EsotericImage Wrote:  Mine are 16x8 +25 which I didnt want the +20 cuz IMO its too far. the +25 seems perfect for me. Im running a 205/40 tire. I dont have any major rubbing issues, then again my fenders are rolled.

since your new to civics, read this first

http://www.ej8squad.com/thread-12879.html

I saw that post you told me on D-series. This is the site I use when im at work lol. cant get on d-series at work. Thanks!!!
I have made up my mind. With as bad as I want to boost my honda Im going to go with suspension first. It will set me up right when I go to boost it......and it will make the car more fun to drive now. Its not super fast but its got some pep in its step a little bit lol. smoked a TDI jetta the other day xD lol.

SOOOO with that being said. Function and form 1 coils will be ordered monday along with these SEXXXXY wheels. and a beaks bar. Still need to find lower control arms. Thinking function and form? See tons of them on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VARRSTOEN-V3-16X...110wt_1124

Also I will be doing the entire cars audio and putting in a Viper 5706V alarm. Smile

topping it all off with brembo front blanks and pads. Then I will be done for a little bit. Cant be spending to much of the tax return lol
Good choice