Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Coilovers or Springs?
Okay I have an ej8 mostly stock, I've been debating whether to drop it or not.. Which is better, yes i'm going to buy ebay ones since I don't have much money.. how are they on you're car if you have them or any other cheaper brands? Price range $60-$100.. I'm not sure if they have cheap coilovers though.. Thanks in advantced.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Save up. You can get good springs for decent prices. I recommend. Full coil overs. You'll end up blowing your stocks after so long. Just my opion. Only way without doing so is if you get springs with a slight drop like an inch or so by staying within the oem factory ride height
(12-28-2014, 09:20 PM)ryan Wrote:  Save up.

Rock
[Image: 7576999932_bba1985476_o.jpg]
(12-28-2014, 09:20 PM)ryan Wrote:  Save up. You can get good springs for decent prices. I recommend. Full coil overs. You'll end up blowing your stocks after so long. Just my opion. Only way without doing so is if you get springs with a slight drop like an inch or so by staying within the oem factory ride height

I agree you'll end up spending more replacing your shocks
EJ8 Family Guy member #6
[Image: CIVIC1-1-1.jpg]
"Tap,Snap or Nap" You pick!
Save up because I can almost guarantee you you're gonna want to switch them out after you get them. They ride like crap lol
[Image: a216bb94-9ac6-4b43-a7be-ffb3e02772d0_zps4a67a22f.jpg]
Quality > Quantity
You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. This is an integral component of your car as it helps keep you connected to the road. You need to figure out what you want to use your car for and use that info to help determine what parts you need. Most people end up dissatisfied w/ the drop and lack of adjustability that comes from buying only springs. You won't get the most out of new springs w/o upgrading your shocks as well and, at that point, you'll find yourself spending the same amount as bargain coilovers w/o the features. Function and Form are a good bargain brand of coilover that is a solid mix of low price w/ decent performance. You will find plenty of people on this site (myself included) who went that route w/ their EJ. Overall, the summary of this post is RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH...
Jackie-O Wrote:My house is home to the illusive, yet powerful, Nom Noms. He will eat your babbys. His eyes are like laser beams, his claws are sharp talons. He slaps like a pimp and makes dogs run in fear.
Your resident smartass mod.
4 Doors FTW

I agree with all the replies. Do it correctly the first time and save up for coil overs. Yes, it's hard to save but it will be worth your time to invest properly.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
[Image: 4543688+_8c6af61c766762166c710fcca06061f5.jpg]