Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
"holy crap" handle for driver side?
hello.

my ej8 only has one for the passenger side and would like one for the driver side.

i dont know if this was an option or only for some models, or if the headliners were just the same ones used in RHD civics.

well i was wondering if i get one from say a passenger RHD side or just flip a LHD passenger one, will it or how will it install.

thank you
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
the roof is already tapped for one to be installed as its the same roof skin for lhd and rhd models. However your headliner does not have the holes for the screws to go through. I have installed one on my driver side, it is far more useless than I thought it would be.

The easiest way to get this done is to:
1) remove headliner
2) insert screws into the driver side holes with a couple threads
3) put some vaseline or paint that wont dry quickly on the heads
4) reinstall headliner and apply force on the screw heads so they leave a mark or stain
5) cut out holes
6) reinstall.

the passenger side handle will fit once flipped over on the driver side.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
thank you

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
(11-24-2014, 06:11 PM)Kallar68 Wrote:  I have installed one on my driver side, it is far more useless than I thought it would be.
ill do this up when i find a walkthrough on headliner removal, every one i seen just starts after its out.

i just dont want to break any clips and have a droopy roof.

Really dont see the point in this , not as if your going to be grabbing it while your driving, well i hope not ! Each to their own, and rhd cars don't have it either.