Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Strength for Today
Today's Motivation

"Give us this day our daily bread" (Matt. 6:11).

God gives us what we NEED each and every day. Tomorrow will be no exception. Be contempt and settled.

In the Old Testament He told the Israelites to get just enough manna for the day and no more. He proceeded to send more the next morning. In which we live, The New Testament, He teaches and tells us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread." Essentially, just enough will power for today. He will supply it again tomorrow.

Words to Note:

Trust = knowing that tomorrow's strength will be a match for tomorrow's challenges.

Anxiety = looking at tomorrow's challenges without tomorrow's strength.

You are not in control of tomorrows blessings. It will be yours tomorrow morning, but not before. You are given strength for today, hope for tomorrow, and the most blessed of all things: trust in your heavenly Father.

I havn't been active in a while and I apologize. I would like to start doing some short daily/weekly devotions though. Have a blessed day everyone!
- Show me the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: jh7txf.jpg]
What He knows we need and what we think we need are on completely opposite ends usually. Isaiah 55:8-9 come to mind when I thought about this post throughout the day today. During a difficult time it's hard to understand that He always, always knows what is best for us and has our back. Even in the tough times, in the end, we come out a better person. We may not realize this until many years after a difficult time but it happens, one must reflect on it though. Or perhaps we indirectly show someone that while going through a trial and looking towards Him for strength, that person says to you "How did you get through *insert difficult time here*? And you tell them that your faith and nothing else got you through.

I feel like I'm just rambling because it hard to put it in words what He does for me. Anything good is not because of me but because of Him. That's is a humbling fact. Simply because I have learned that I am selfish when it comes to a lot of things but by His grace I'm becoming more aware of my selfishness and trying not to be. It's not easy and I fail daily but I'm trying to stay the course. Anyone that tells you that Christians have it easy is lying or is someone who claims they are a Christian says that they don't struggle is a liar too.

I don't have all the answers but I now what doesn't work. What doesn't work are my ways.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust and anxiety are two biggies for me as well. I read somewhere that if you don't fully trust in the Lord you are basically calling Him a liar. There are areas that are VERY hard for me to trust in Him completely. I know I should but knowing and doing are two completely different things.

Anxiety, I've struggled with this as well. The one verse that really helped me was 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Knowing that God has my back is kind of relief I feel. He is in control.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,