Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
radio (din) removal options.
hello

i relocated my radio to my cup holder and now im left with a hole in my center console. now i have a couple of din pockets but they only seem to fit the lower part of the hole and when i put the one from the bottom on top, they holes dont line up and it doesnt fill the space completely.

[Image: yFClJ6S.jpg]

[Image: S2Oi8Wm.jpg]
my question is, is there any options for a pocket or something cool for the top half of the console? i dont want to get a double din block off plate and cut it in half (for value purpose)

thank you
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
I had the same problem and never got anything to sit perfect. You could try a block off plate.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
the thing is i think the block off plate is only for the bottom section or the whole. not for the top half only. i dont want to butcher a double din block off plate...just yet..

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
I have a 96 so I have no experience with the double din climate control but when I relocated my radio I couldn't find any pocket that fit the way I liked. I may be easier and faster to get a double din block off and cut it to hold one of your pockets.

Or forget about a dine pocket all together and put in some gauges lol
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
i have gauges when i bought the car they were installed into my cluster bezel but i removed them and got a stock bezel but still got the gauges. but i have a scantron2 that is like a super guage now so i dont know what to gauges are the important ones to stand alone. no turbo plans.

just the thing is the cavity is like a foot deep, would make the most awesome pocket.

Go to a couple stereo shop's they have all different sizes they might have a bigger one that will fit
EJ8 Family Guy member #6
[Image: CIVIC1-1-1.jpg]
"Tap,Snap or Nap" You pick!