Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
a fuel additive?
hello. my car has been uninsured for over a year and just sits in my driveway. i drive it around every now and then but i had about the same 1/8 tank of gas since last april until last night when i filled up the tank (pressured into it) and now im thinking if i need to put something in the fuel tank to help clean up old lines. 40km in 18 months. i want to change all the fluids but not too sure as to best way to approach it yet.

the main purpose is i think itll be on the road soon so im just trying to cleaning it out.

thank you
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
I've heard pretty good things about Seafoam, but I've never tried it myself. Also it wouldn't hurt to put some Sta-bil in the tank if you don't plan on moving it much.
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
Autozones have a special for Chevron Techron 2 for $8 (I'm off work and still tryin to sell)
[Image: 69zt.png]
(10-17-2014, 07:15 PM)Pekkle Wrote:  I've heard pretty good things about Seafoam, but I've never tried it myself. Also it wouldn't hurt to put some Sta-bil in the tank if you don't plan on moving it much.

the thing is i seafoamed my car about a year before it went off the road. so i dont what it would do. but i do remember my brother saying something about people who use seafoam in the gas all the time for some reasons.

as for the chevron stuff, would that be like a one time add or do i have to add run the tank down to make full use of it?
D16Y8 1999 SI, rear discs

i dont have any car buddies, none of my friends have a car. this is my only car talk spot.
http://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil...stabilizer

Sta-bil is just a once a year thing to help preserve the fuel and prevent gum buildup if you don't plan on driving the car much.
[Image: pzLfBoW.jpg]
-Jon // Facebook // PSN: HelloPekkle  // Instagram // 1998 Civic EX #373 * * * *
When i was in the states i used SeaFoam. I jus used it during every oil change. Make sure u read the instructions becuz u can actually put half in the gas tank and the other half in the oil if i remember correctly.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••