Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Acura may go all AWD in bid to mimic Subaru's success
AWD Acura? Yes, please.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/13/acura...u-success/
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Acura should definitely go that route. They should either go all Awd or rwd as standard with an optional awd. I have two cousins and two friends that work at the same acura dealership and they tell me that many people simply aren't looking for fwd in luxry car now days. I honestly feel that after they launched the 4th generation Acura TL , the brand itself started going down hill. Acura is slowly redeeming itself again with the launch of the TLX and the MDX but they would need to do something different in order to push the brand forward. Let me use this as an example, the Acura RLX.... The RLX is relatively a good car and is packed with technology. Do you know why people simply don't consider the Rlx ? It's because it's fwd ... You'd be suprised on how much incentives and commission the sales men get at Acura for each RLX they could sell.
[Image: a216bb94-9ac6-4b43-a7be-ffb3e02772d0_zps4a67a22f.jpg]
Quality > Quantity
The overall design of the Acura brand to me has diminished as well. They went over the edge with the grille and front end looks to me. AWD would be a major plus and help out the declining sale they are having. Acura is an American brand and RWD or AWD are really a must when it comes to larger luxury cars and SUVs. The RLX and MDX should be standard AWD or at minimum RWD w/ AWD option. I hate that my wife's Pilot is FWD. For the size of the MDX it shouldn't have even been considered to make it FWD.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
(10-14-2014, 11:04 AM)EJDerrty8 Wrote:  The overall design of the Acura brand to me has diminished as well. They went over the edge with the grille and front end looks to me. AWD would be a major plus and help out the declining sale they are having. Acura is an American brand and RWD or AWD are really a must when it comes to larger luxury cars and SUVs. The RLX and MDX should be standard AWD or at minimum RWD w/ AWD option. I hate that my wife's Pilot is FWD. For the size of the MDX it shouldn't have even been considered to make it FWD.

I agree, if you are charging $40k plus on a "luxury car" then you should try to push boundaries. It doesn't make sense to have the same standard fwd drive train shared with standard Honda vehicles. I don't see why I should pay around $32k for a base model Tsx when i could get a fully loaded v6 accord touring for around the same price. They are both fwd so why not get a fully loaded v6 for the same price ? This is the basic problem that Acura is facing..
[Image: a216bb94-9ac6-4b43-a7be-ffb3e02772d0_zps4a67a22f.jpg]
Quality > Quantity
I agree that acura should have more 4 wheel drive vehicles in their line up beside their SUV line.