Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
The exploitation of my user name
Now wayy back in 06 i created my Yahoo email addy as EsotericImage.

I just googled my name and theres some photography place called Esoteric Images

theres also some douchebags twitter account @EsotericImage which I clicked and iits totally freaky..

Should I have copywritten my user name? Clearly I joined up on the squad before Twitter was even twitter.
Maybe they just thought you were 2kewl.
- Show me the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: jh7txf.jpg]
Is this ur account on Flickr...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ritesh_patel/

I ask because they are using Esoteric.Images
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
^^
Nope
(07-10-2014, 03:19 PM)EsotericImage Wrote:  ^^
Nope

Is your EJ a 96?
- Show me the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: jh7txf.jpg]
Is it really a big deal? I mean it's not like they're doing some sort of identity theft they just came up with the same username as you.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
The domain was purchased in 2014. http://www.whois.net/whois/esotericimages.com

If you wanted to stop someone from using your Yahoo username/screename for a website then you should have purchased the domain back then. In my opinion they didn't do anything wrong.

I can rightfully purchase kallar68.com if I wanted and Leo couldn't do anything about it. Leo, could not purchase http://www.gimmezell.com because I own it already. Toungue
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Ahahaha, and of course it redirects to the squad, too awesome!
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
I may or may not have had thoughts of stealing Fuzzy Blanket. Such an awesome screen name.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

"esoteric image" brings up a pretty good amount of results on google (nearly 8.5 million to be exact) so I'd have to say that maybe your name just isn't as unique as you thought it was. Gotme also, it doesn't appear that you are using your Squad user name for any commercial purpose so I'm not sure why you would feel the need to copyright it...unless your Jeremy and you buy the domain to anything and everything that remotely pertains to you Toungue
Jackie-O Wrote:My house is home to the illusive, yet powerful, Nom Noms. He will eat your babbys. His eyes are like laser beams, his claws are sharp talons. He slaps like a pimp and makes dogs run in fear.
Your resident smartass mod.
4 Doors FTW