Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Faith: Book of Ephesians study: Lesson One: Where Do You Belong?
I know at least one of you is interested in trying to get a Squad Bible study going again. This time around the study will be on the book of Ephesians.

Instead of being free-for-all and posting ones thoughts about what was read, we will be using a study guide. Specifically, the Max Lucado study guide on Ephisians. This way the study will be a little more structured which I feel is a good thing. I can post up the lesson questions from the book. However, feel free to pick up a copy of the study guide ($8.99)

As always, feel free to post up your ideas on how we can study the book of Ehpesians.

This study is open to all.

Author: Ephesians 1:1 identifies the author of the Book of Ephesians as the apostle Paul.

Date of Writing: The Book of Ephesians was very likely written between A.D. 60-63.

Purpose of Writing: Paul intended that all who long for Christ-like maturity would receive this writing. Enclosed within the Book of Ephesians is the discipline needed to develop into true children of God. Furthermore, a study in Ephesians will help to fortify and to establish the believer so he can fulfill the purpose and calling God has given. The aim of this epistle is to confirm and to equip a maturing church. It presents a balanced view of the body of Christ and its importance in God's economy.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Book-of-Ephe...z36MlWUMPt

Ephesians 2:8-10: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
When is this starting?
Read Ephesians 1:1-14
(hover over the link above and choose "more")

Max Lucado Life Lessons Ephesians Study Guide.

Lesson One: Where Do You Belong?

We'll start with three questions from lesson one.

1. What are some spiritual blessings that we have through Christ?

2. God forgives our sins through the blood of Christ. What difference does that make in our daily lives?

3. What special about the fact that God deliberately chooses us as his people?

This verse always blows my mind.
Ephesians 1:4 (ESV)
4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,