Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Kill switch question?!
Ok so i heard this kid at my Hvac tech school use to be a dirty asshonda thief his friend even told me that he went to jail because he was a thief for a chop shop and ive caught him checking out my car a few times i have an nrg ball bearing QR but it is useless becaause he has one too, so my question is i use to have an eg8 that had a kill switch and when the switch was flipped nothing would work in the car not even the head lights turning the key did nothing at all , what could it have been connected to, it was just one single switch and the car was automatic. Help please because i want to do this to myy ej8 cuz im scared this guy might try to molest my vehicle!
Im guessing you didnt install the one in your eg8? lol are you asking a question on how to install one? Like a DIY?
It's pretty easy to install one. Nothing is full proof, so installing multiple is always a good idea. The tried and true one is a fuel pump relay cut off switch. No fuel, no start. You could also run one off the battery, that's probably what your other car had. But I feel like that would be easier to bypass depending on where you run it from. There's bound to be some DIY's on Honda tech for our cars. I put one on my DA and it was pretty straight forward with a write up from a forum. I'll see if I can find a good write up.

Edit: this is the best one I could find with pictures. I only spent a few minutes on google though so more searching may find bette results for EJ8's or Si's. The main relay on Hondas is usually under the dash usually in line with the steering wheel. The yellow green wire is usually the one that controls the fuel pump. This is from Team-Integra and is for g3 tegs but should be very close if not identical to our cars. Hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/17-aud...ch-g3.html
I would just get an alarm. They come with more things. But my friend used to hang around with ex hot boys. And what I heard is all they do is ram a battery in the back and it cuts it off. Idk how it works but these thieves are smart man.
Green EJ8 "Holly": Retired 5/23/14
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

Instagram: Ej7_Bryan
(04-23-2014, 05:51 AM)EJ8Bryan Wrote:  I would just get an alarm. They come with more things. But my friend used to hang around with ex hot boys. And what I heard is all they do is ram a battery in the back and it cuts it off. Idk how it works but these thieves are smart man.

It's all about layers. The more security measures, the more time it take a thief to steal it. Honestly, alarms are a false sense of security on cars IMO. I don't care if if its the $99 special from Walmart or the $1k+ from Viper with all the bells and whisles and LoJack. Unless you reroute the hood release cable, starting a Honda without any kind of kill switch is pretty easy. Even with a kill switch, they can jack the stuff in the car and it does nothing against a tow truck. A couple of kill switches is what I'd start with and go from there.
True. If they can get in the car they can take it with a tow truck. And some of these guys can hook up a car fast.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

(04-23-2014, 01:01 PM)Excalibur35 Wrote:  It's all about layers. The more security measures, the more time it take a thief to steal it. Honestly, alarms are a false sense of security on cars IMO. I don't care if if its the $99 special from Walmart or the $1k+ from Viper with all the bells and whisles and LoJack. Unless you reroute the hood release cable, starting a Honda without any kind of kill switch is pretty easy. Even with a kill switch, they can jack the stuff in the car and it does nothing against a tow truck. A couple of kill switches is what I'd start with and go from there.

Agreed And1 Theives now days has no care in the world of the alarm system you have or even kill switchs. If they can get it on a tow truck or inside of the car even for a split sec. They'll take what they want and more on things they'll attempt to get. Kill switchs are great to have ecspecially a few hidden ones that's no where close to where people would think of. I think creating some just like he mentioned would help an benefit you the most along with maybe constantly moving/ parking different spots each day if that paranoid
What I've seen people do is go to Radioshack and get these basic switches. And they run wires to the dizzy or something like that and they hide somewhere smart. And when you get in flip the switch and you go. Lol.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

(04-23-2014, 04:27 PM)EJ8Bryan Wrote:  True. If they can get in the car they can take it with a tow truck. And some of these guys can hook up a car fast.

You don't have to be able to open a car to use a tow truck. Throw the front on a hook a drive. Flatbed and a wench. E-Brake or 1st gear won't stop it.

Yeah kill switches can be ran from many different things. I prefer the MFR method. Switches can be bought at RadioShack or any auto parts store. It's a very very simple process. You can get just a simple switch. You can get fancy switches. They all do the same.
Yeah sorry to skimp on the details , but yeah i did not install the switch on the eg8 but im just so sketched out by this kid and i wanna do something to be careful.