Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.68 Average
CRV is just not in the cards
So, Ive been looking around for a clean 99-01 CRV to daily as i sold my work van.
I drive my civic to work and it just sits in a parking lot away from where I work. I dont need it getting stolen as we all know the insurance company isnt going to give me *poopy* for it.

Looked on CL and AutoTrader and found a few... But not without consequences

CRV #1

99 LX silver, clean, 187k asking 3500
[Image: 01212_8PAoTR2ZVvv_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00k0k_b2BBgl2XpL0_600x450.jpg]
ME: blah blah... What about timing and water pump
Lady: yes all maintenance has been done.
Me: So the pump and belt has been done?
Lady: Timing belt has been done
Me: Id like to come by and look at it, when are you available?
Lady: In an hour, Ill text you the address
Me: Perfect!

2 hours later no text no call no no nothing

CRV #2

2000 silver, 5 Speed with black leather, Says 127k... yea right
[Image: 01010_aTay6F6QTTN_600x450.jpg]
Notice muffler ( I didnt see it in the pics and shouldve tipped me off that this was a Honda molestor)
[Image: 00S0S_6WnbaoynG5m_600x450.jpg]
same topic conversation as above

Drove 25 mins to see it, and my civic rolled onto the parking block while i was at the meeting spot. Went to slowly back up and ripped off my bumper on my civic. {facepalm}

Met up with the guy, and leather front seats are trashed (didnt have interior pictures on CL) I also looked and the odometer looked like it was tampered with. Which goes with the story " i had it in my wifes name, then put it in mine) meaning that when they got it they had XXX,XXX miles, drove it around for XX,XXX miles, rolled back the clock, and documented a lower number when doing the title change. Clever! But I know what to look for.

CRV #3
Same phone conversation..
Pics looked clean. interior looked clean.
[Image: 00h0h_8egclPeF2d_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00808_4iLF3u7WUI8_600x450.jpg]
Drove up to the sellers house and there it was in the driveway. got out of the car and pass rear door looked like they scraped a parking garage pillar.
Guy came out and I said "I saw all I need to see"

In the pic above, you cant see any damage.

Then there were a few that were sold already and then 2 at a dealership which were asking 5000 + 1k dealer fee (wtf is a dealer fee?!, I buy groceries and theres no grocery fee)

So theres my CRV search results.

I found a set of AP1 wheels which I will use and looking to make a clean DD like this picture:

[Image: 20120623_130620-1.jpg]
[Image: 20120623_130704-1.jpg]
I think you are being a little tough on 13-15 year old vehicles. They are family cars. There's gonna be issues. Crayon marks inside, My little pony stickers, stained seats, dents and dings from grocery shopping. I think you should temper your expectations a little. And if you do find that perfect one, it's gonna cost you $5k and a dealer fee. That's the game. Everyone knows these CRV's are bullet proof and that's why they won't be cheap. And if they are cheap, they won't be in good shape. And that's well justified.

You gave up on CRV #3 far to quickly IMO. That's the easy stuff you use to drive down the price. It's a work vehicle, not a show car. C'mon.
Just keep looking, you will find one eventually. You can even try one of those CRV forums and see if they have a for sale section around your area. And as for dealer fees, I think its just filing paperwork, like sending paperwork to the DMV, etc., but I hope you the best in your search for a new daily.
[Image: 34070561026_c6cd5f9c03.jpg]
(03-08-2014, 09:13 AM)EsotericImage Wrote:  Then there were a few that were sold already and then 2 at a dealership which were asking 5000 + 1k dealer fee (wtf is a dealer fee?!, I buy groceries and theres no grocery fee)
Lmao. Fees are slapped on to a bunch of stuff. Nowadays there's restaurants who are adding 5% fees to bills for Obamacare so they can cope with the sky high insurance prices under the "affordable" healthcare act.

I knew you would eventually get a CRV, you've always shown love for the newer ones and B20s. So it makes sense, seems like it would be the perfect dd for u.

Yea I kinda agree with where excalibur was going but then again with patience u may come across a great deal, so just be patient and you"ll get what your looking for. So your only looking into vsm crvs or any other colors?
-Jay was here
I do have to agree that your being pretty stringent on an your requirements on a fairly old vehicle.But if you want one in excellent shape, I can fully understand that though. The used car market right now is priced ridiculously mainly because of people holding onto cars for longer than they used to plus its right here at tax time so people know that some people have extra money to burn. I've bought 2 used vehicles in the past year so I've been right were your at trying to find anything nice for a good price. I finally had to take ones with a few blemeshis and use that to bring the price down
No rush, you'll know the right one when you see it. It took me a year of searching for me to find my first truck if that makes you feel any better, and I was checking 10-20 times daily.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

Well, its not that Im being picky.. but its like my civic, I looked for 6 months for a clean one. I found all kinds of busted, molested, neglected civics that in the end, would cost me more to bring back to glory then if I waited for the right one. These were the years that honda did things right.

Im checkng green, white and silver. Personally, I think silver looks best with all the black trim.

The #3 CRV had damage on the door and rear quarter. Im not trying to replace a door and then send to a body shop.

Im also looking for a Nissan Frontier Ex cab and Toyota Tacoma Ex cab. Those are pretty beat up too. IDJ what people do to cars. They pay 15k- 30k + for a new car and treat it like a hooker.
I've been seeing a lifted and boosted crv on Houston-imports.com...it's green too.

Found it again it's a 99, blue not green and it has 4 wheel drive but he wants 7 for it.
(03-09-2014, 01:06 PM)EsotericImage Wrote:  Im also looking for a Nissan Frontier Ex cab and Toyota Tacoma Ex cab. Those are pretty beat up too. IDJ what people do to cars. They pay 15k- 30k + for a new car and treat it like a hooker.

Depends what the purpose of the vehicle is for really. I have a sweet new Chevy Silverado that I got for work, and it gets all beat up and dirty. The bumper is bent down and there's dents on the sides because I push cars out of the way that don't leave me space when parking. Rofl

Because work truck.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

Found another crv this one is a green 97 4x4...this one has a Jackson racing supercharger.

Let me know if you have any suggestions as well!