Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Best Placement for 2 15' subwoofers?
Well I bought 2 15" subwoofers from craigslist for 30 bucks. In the picture they looked a lot smaller than they are. So I called the guy up and met with him (keep in mind there are people who are selling the box for 30 alone) so of course I asked him if they work he said yes. I took em and to my surprise they do work and they hit harder than ever. BUT. They are massive and don't fit in my trunk. I had to remove the middle cardboard piece and spare tire (which I later put back in). I have absolutely no room in the trunk for groceries (make all the grocery getter jokes you want lol) and all my groceries have to go in the passenger seat which is a pain of I go get stuff with a friend. What I have been thinking of doing is trading an aftermarket muffler for a single 15" box and sell the other one. Or keep it in the house. My car would be stolen in a heartbeat if I kept them in the back seats.
Notice my sweat. It's that hard to get them into the back seats.
[Image: 1517607_563962473690359_1740949635_n.jpg]
[Image: 1520816_563985490354724_810123371_n.jpg]
Green EJ8 "Holly": Retired 5/23/14
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

Instagram: Ej7_Bryan
Sell them and get a 10" or two 8"
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
For how much though? The box alone is worth 50 from what I heard.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

First, what type of subs are those? The look generic and if pushed to far the might blow.
Second, jus one 15 is to much for our cars let alone 2. Like Kallar said sellem and go down to 10" subs. Lastly, 10" subs will give u great sound, weigh less and will actually fit in ur trunk, depending on the speaker box they require. 15s are massive and require a box to compliment them, which is also usually big.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
Not sure to be honest with you. They hit really hard though. Which is why I kinda like them. One 15 hits hard enough. They were cheap and for 30 bucks man I took em. There are people who wanted me to pay 80 for 12's with no amp so if these blow they were only 30 bucks. The bass rattles the car literally I feel the bolts coming lose because of all the rattling. I'm thinking of trading them for 10's with an amp.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

I say get 12s. Not 10s :p
They for much better than 15s still and hit way harder than 10s.
And yes those speakers do look like they'll blow if pushed.
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
I've got one 10" Alpine Type S hooked up to a Kenwood 500 watt rms amp and that's PLENTY for me. I can't even fathom putting to 15's in a civic. I say sell those for $100 and put that towards a good, quality 10 or 12. You can get the same bump from a 12", you just have to spend a little more money. A JL W6 would probably put those 15's to shame and sound better IMO.
Best Placement for 2 15' subwoofers?

In a bigger car or truck lol
-Jay was here
I know I wanna set em in a truck lol but they fit a little bit better in my civic. Ex, are your 10's in a box? I use to love to take my sisters newer camry out cause of the amazing bass. But now these hit harder than those so Im thinking of keeping them I just have to adjust to the less space in the trunk.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

Here are my 10s in my trunk. My amp is mounted on top of my box and I'm not able to get to my spare tire since I had to screw everything down in order to ship my car to Germany.
[Image: hymytu9a.jpg]
[Image: 42f0972a.jpg]
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••