Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Faith: If I Were the Devil
I saw this list on Facebook recently and I feel it is really an eye opener for the believer as well as the non-believer. Everyone of us were non-believers and enemies of the Lord at one time in our life and it is only because of the grace of God some of us are saved.

Some of the devil's tactics are still effective on me to this day despite being saved.

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

See also the 1965 Paul Harvey radio broadcast, which reminded me of the list below.

Quote:If I were the devil I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions — just let those run wild, until before you knew it, you’d have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door.

If I were the devil, here are some tactics I would use to harm people:

For the Lost Person

I would convince them that God is the enemy of their joy, and that joy is found in sin.

I would draw their attention to all the bad things that happen in the world and cause them not to acknowledge the good.

I would distract them with the cares, worries and pleasures of this life so they don’t have time to think about eternity.

I would use culture to convince them that they are the most important thing in their world.

I would tell them that they are not that bad, that any sins they are aware of are “normal” anyway.

I would convince them that their problem is not a sin problem but an academic problem. If they just had more “facts,” then they would believe.

I would nudge them to follow any religion, cult, social idea or cultural mentality they want. As long as it is not Jesus, I don’t care what “god” they worship.

For the Christian

I would tell them that they are not saved, that God could never forgive someone as bad as them.

I would tempt them into thinking that God’s commands are burdensome or are required to keep His love.

I would use God’s law against them, either to crush them under its weight (if they failed in keeping it) or to cause them to become proud (if they succeeded in keeping it).

I would keep them isolated from community. There is a reason why lions try to separate one animal from the rest of the herd.

I would scare them into thinking that I have more power than I do.

I would try to keep them away from lost people for fear of being “corrupted.”

I would do anything to get their eyes off Jesus.

I would have them notice all the failures of others while ignoring their own.

I would tempt them to notice all the negative qualities in their spouse and none of the positive. If I can divide the marriage, then I can take the family.

I would induce them to cynicism so that they become a thorn in the side of church leaders or become consumed with fruitless debates.

I would attack when they are most vulnerable: when they are stressed, tired, alone, bored or after a spiritual high (S.T.A.B.S.).

http://www.thevillagechurch.net/the-vill...the-devil/

I would enjoy hearing others thoughts on the above list.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
as a fairly new believer and past critic of religion. I find this very easy to see in myself and identify with on both ends of it.
I here ya sir. It's a constant battle.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,