Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Turbo guys with air conditioning help.
I am wondering what you guys do to keep the ac working. A little background on my car... It has been turbo for almost a decade now and I have owned it since new. I never cared much for the ac anyway because I live in upstate NY and don't need it often, but I just had a kid and want it for when he is with me and for the defogger. Post what you have.

I have everything in the car still except the oem fan but replaced it with a slim fan that doesn't seem to move as much air. It seems as if I might have had a leak because I get no cool air with it on.
Well my car isn't boosted but I've helped a couple friends boost their car. This one dude I know has a t3 and he doesn't have ac but he said he was in a rush cause he wanted to go race so he mounted it wrong saying he pointed it towards driver side headlight. But he said if he wanted AC he could just point it towards the intake and he could have AC. Just my little two cents. Might not help but could give you an idea.
Well I have a t3/t4 and its as tight to the y8 block as possible.
If it helps he had an EG coupe with a y8. And it was quick.
Yea. My thought is to put the fan in front of the ac as a push not pull fan. But I think I have a leak in the lines too.

I'm just wondering if I can do something with the lines. This is a picture from a while ago but the ac looks the same.
From my understanding, the only reason you wouldn't able to keep ac is if your dump tube interferes with the compressor. I can't tell from the pic but if your compressor is there and all your original ac equipment is in tact there's no reason the ac wouldn't function. As for the fan there is a way to move the condenser forward under the core support which may give you enough room to run the stock fan. I'm not sure how to relocate it but I've seen it done on both condensers and radiators
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
Everything is still intact other than the stock fan. I am integrated in how I could relocate the condenser forward under the support. That would be awesome.
What size slim fan are you using on the condensor. You may need a larger one or one that moves more air. As for the lines they make a leak kit that uses a dye and blacklight to find leaks in the pipes or seals.
That's a good idea. Do you know the name of this product?
Its available at any auto parts store. Usually right next to the freon and coolants
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS