Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Church?
I want to know what you think. I'm 16 I don't have too much interest on going to church. However I pray every night and what not and thank the lord. My parents brought me up as a protestant Christian. And goes strictly by the bible. My honest belief is that if you don't go to church that doesn't mean that you won't be saved. I want to know what you think. Please don't bash on my religion.
Green EJ8 "Holly": Retired 5/23/14
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

Instagram: Ej7_Bryan
what's up my fellow brother in Christ...let me ask you this, are you drinking, smoking, sinning in general? I'm not asking for you to answer me, but just to bring it up. here is why you go to church. your question and opinion is right, but if your not hanging with fellow believers, who is holding you accountable of what you do in your life? worldly friends will tempt you, and can bring you down with them, or have you killed if your riding with them, say their drunk and their driving, or they can kill a family, and if your with them, then you go along for the ride. maybe not jail, but the burden of being there for it.

Second, are you holding your friends accountable for what they do? having worldly friends is not a sin, but when you received Christ, you basically sign a contract. You accepted the great commission. To be a fisher of men ( to bring your friends and family to Christ, that they may know Him, and repent from there sins )

Yes, even Christians fall short of the Glory of Christ, but we are to have God fearing friends, that can lift us up when we're down, and not have a friend say " forget about it, have a beer instead, or here take a hit/toke.

Also my young brother, if your dating a worldly girl who's been around the way? you damage her, cause when she gets married, she'll have baggage that her husband will have to go through, or you can be the one repairing and dealing with, and many times will destroy the marriage.

in short, no you don't need to go to church to remain saved by Christ, but do you fear Christ?
The beginning of wisdom is having fear of the Lord, Your God .
Fear meaning - you know your saved already, but not be comfortable that you do what you want....
like your Father on earth. he loves you, but he can/should punish you when you disrespect him...
Same principle.
[Image: 5068bd8f-3e66-44dc-94fa-9e1a0c50d9e5.jpg]
Sup dude, and nah I don't do any of that. I think Marijuana is acceptable. Now I'm not saying this cause it's a "trend" I've done my research. However I don't do it. And yes I do sin. I've been cursing ever since elementary school and have been trying to break the habit. I got away from "god damn" and "holy *poopy*" I stay away from those words now. I try to keep away from all the bad influences. Such as all those street racing friends and kids who run from cops. I do have a friend however who doesn't believe in God and bashes on God. Honestly not reasonable arguing with the kid so I change the subject to Hondas. And I do sort of fear Christ. I always see those Facebook posts "like if you want Jesus to come back" but I feel like I don't. I feel like I won't be saved. I always ask for forgiveness in my prayers too.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

Forgiveness is not about a "Like" button, and btw your talking to a guy who's smoked bud, snorted/smoked speed, coke, acid, and mushrooms.
Its not acceptable, and I'll tell you why. You said you believe in the Bible ,right?
Bible says " be of sober mind" .Reason is Bible says " You know not the time or day that Jesus will return" , so what if he comes when your stoned, what then? Sorry my Lord, but here take a toke....
Bro,I used to sell, and I mean slang with the big boys.. Speed i kept in large trash bags. Rocks the size of watermelons.

Yea I know its not weed, but the Bible does not says be sober, but weed is okay. The Bible says be sober, plainly, because Jesus knew that if he mentioned by name the things that intoxicated us, that we would look to the ones he didn't mention.

Forgiveness, and Salvation is not a feeling , its a way of life that one has too choose. That's why we are judged, because we made a choice, a promise to share the Gospel of what Jesus did for all. And fyi yes I sin and fall short daily, but I try. I stopped drinking, smoking, and don't disrespect myself, my wife or my children, because I fear God, but neither am I relaxed about my salvation, or my fear of God.....

You are saved, and don't loose it by not going to church, by not feeling saved because a "Like" button.. in fact go to my Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/inda.ceja

I don't and I actually hate those post " hit like if...."
I do have Pastor's I enjoy their teachings, but that whole movement of "Hit Like if..." is lame to me. Our Lord is more than a Facebook like, and you are not holier by posting and starting this things.... Jesus died and Suffered for all, that we would not have to suffer, and gives us clear instruction on how to receive him and follow him. And that is why we need to go to church. to be taught by a Pastor who has studied the Bible, cause I know I don't know it forward, or backwards. Do you?
So that's why we are to go my brother....
Well said India. We are all sinners every single on of us. I grew up Catholic and did the whole confirmation thing. Long story short. It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that I realized that I needed to ask Jesus to come into my life and admit I was a sinner.

I agree with India in that if you are a Christian and a Believer that you should find yourself a good church. Just keep one thing in mind every single church attend will eventually let you down because they are all full of hypocrites. I am hypocrite we all are but it is awesome when you find your home.

If you are saved and asked Jesus into your life He will change your heart and you will want to find a church that you can use your spiritual gifts at.
Romans 3:23
English Standard Version (ESV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(06-29-2013, 10:20 PM)Gimmezell Wrote:  Well said India. We are all sinners every single on of us. I grew up Catholic and did the whole confirmation thing. Long story short. It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that I realized that I needed to ask Jesus to come into my life and admit I was a sinner.

I agree with India in that if you are a Christian and a Believer that you should find yourself a good church. Just keep one thing in mind every single church attend will eventually let you down because they are all full of hypocrites. I am hypocrite we all are but it is awesome when you find your home.

If you are saved and asked Jesus into your life He will change your heart and you will want to find a church that you can use your spiritual gifts at.

It's Inda...lol!
and also on point. if you go to church and take notice of all the sinners (hypocrites) there are plenty there, but here's the difference. they are there to change there life, because they realize they can't change by doing it themselves, So they go to CHURCH to be saved, to gain strength in their journey to change, and to be helped by peers who have been there, and know what their talking about.
If you go to seek hypocrites, then you will find them, and you gain nothing. But if you go and realize that you, I, and everyone is, but you are going to better your life, and the life of others by having a relationship with Jesus. The your on your way...

God Bless, and if you should have any personal questions hmu on Facebook. It's my commission to help, and want to help...
in all honestly, A life with Christ is way better than one without Christ.. I'm 42, and if I knew him when I was young, and would have saved myself a lot of life disappointments... But they weren't in vain.
It's been transformed for Jesus' benefit to save souls...
Yeah I feel ya guys. I mean I just don't get a great feeling out of church. I prefer just praying and expressing my feelings through prayer rather than church. It feels like I'm talking to God himself more like a convo rather than being forced to pray. And I'm into the whole 10 commandments. You know I stay away from sex till marriage. And trust me that's going to be hard. With the way society is and crap. I feel that when I'm older I will be more in touch with church. Cause my father was like you, Inda. Did similar things. Drank, smoked, burned a school down. Now he's in touch with christ and cars. And the sober thing? That apply to Over the counter medicines? I'm just wondering. Not doubting.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

(06-29-2013, 10:40 PM)EJ8Bryan Wrote:  Yeah I feel ya guys. I mean I just don't get a great feeling out of church. I prefer just praying and expressing my feelings through prayer rather than church. It feels like I'm talking to God himself more like a convo rather than being forced to pray. And I'm into the whole 10 commandments. You know I stay away from sex till marriage. And trust me that's going to be hard. With the way society is and crap. I feel that when I'm older I will be more in touch with church. Cause my father was like you, Inda. Did similar things. Drank, smoked, burned a school down. Now he's in touch with christ and cars. And the sober thing? That apply to Over the counter medicines? I'm just wondering. Not doubting.

Brother, nobody is perfect, and don't even apply that to Pastors. They struggle too. Johnny Cash would go on tour with Billy Graham and sing songs of worship, but he also struggled with OTC Meds. yes its not right, but who are we to judge, if we ourselves fall short. But I will notice, and I wouldn't let my children hang with someone I knew was slipping like that, and I would make myself available to that brother by letting him know that I know he is backsliding, and I would let him know I am here for him to help him through it.

And yes. who's to say you won't mature in your walk when you get of age, but then again, who's to say you'll live to see next week? And that my brother is why we are to be sober minded. that's why Bible instructs us to be in the Word and meditate daily of every breath of your life.
Do I ? No. God knows we're not perfect, but as our Father, God is pleased with us earnestly trying...
btw I raised my daughter to wait till marriage, and she at 17 just started dating, and the guy is a 18 yr. old , worship leader at our church. and everything in their life is being done Biblically.
They are saving themselves for their marriage. How awesome is that...
(06-29-2013, 10:52 PM)inda Wrote:  
(06-29-2013, 10:40 PM)EJ8Bryan Wrote:  Yeah I feel ya guys. I mean I just don't get a great feeling out of church. I prefer just praying and expressing my feelings through prayer rather than church. It feels like I'm talking to God himself more like a convo rather than being forced to pray. And I'm into the whole 10 commandments. You know I stay away from sex till marriage. And trust me that's going to be hard. With the way society is and crap. I feel that when I'm older I will be more in touch with church. Cause my father was like you, Inda. Did similar things. Drank, smoked, burned a school down. Now he's in touch with christ and cars. And the sober thing? That apply to Over the counter medicines? I'm just wondering. Not doubting.

Brother, nobody is perfect, and don't even apply that to Pastors. They struggle too. Johnny Cash would go on tour with Billy Graham and sing songs of worship, but he also struggled with OTC Meds. yes its not right, but who are we to judge, if we ourselves fall short. But I will notice, and I wouldn't let my children hang with someone I knew was slipping like that, and I would make myself available to that brother by letting him know that I know he is backsliding, and I would let him know I am here for him to help him through it.

And yes. who's to say you won't mature in your walk when you get of age, but then again, who's to say you'll live to see next week? And that my brother is why we are to be sober minded. that's why Bible instructs us to be in the Word and meditate daily of every breath of your life.
Do I ? No. God knows we're not perfect, but as our Father, God is pleased with us earnestly trying...
btw I raised my daughter to wait till marriage, and she at 17 just started dating, and the guy is a 18 yr. old , worship leader at our church. and everything in their life is being done Biblically.
They are saving themselves for their marriage. How awesome is that...

Amazing. A lot of teens now are getting in relationships just to "Smash" But I also feel that if you're in a committed relationship that it would be okay. Just my mindset. But what do I know. Thanks a lot dude.
Black Ej7 "Gabby"

No worries, God Bless, and if you ever have any questions, hmu on Facebook...... don't be ashamed of the Gospel .... And be a leader, never a follower....