Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Car Bogs Without Supercharger
So I had a JRSC set up on my car, but i removed this, my ecu was tuned on crome so now without this supercharger on i notice my car bogs until higher rpms... is this because the ecu is looking for the extra oxygen to burn? If i buy a stock ECU and plug it in will i be set to go???

Thanks for the answers!
Yeah most of what you said is right. But you need a stock Ecu, granted that your car is now stock.
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
Okay, I just hope that they didn't do a obd1 harness since it is a p28 chipped ecu. I hope they just did the jumper. i need a p2p ecu am i correct?
if you have a d16y8 then yes. should be a harness. IDK anyone who would want to go thru swapping pins over when a harness is plug and play.

theres P2P ecu's all over the marketplace for 50 bucks..

and try to stay out of the upper RPMs until ou get the right ECU
I have got an ecu laying around. I'll pm you on it.
So what you guys are saying is all i need is a new ECU? or do i also need to buy a obd2 harness also?
You should only need an ecu. If you look at your ecu there should be a jumper harness in between your factory harness and ecu. Youll take the jumper out and plug the new ecu directly into the factory harness. Also I looked at your build and noticed your car is a 96 so that ecu I have won't work. You'll need an obd2-a p2p.
So would this one work> http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-Honda-C...a8&vxp=mtr
^ That one will work.