Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Wanting to boost
I need some quick advice, i wanna go boost but i know nothing about building motors. I'm not loaded so i'll be going with an ebay turbo(i know, i know but it's a start)
What do you guys suggest i need/buy step by step?
What motor? HP goals? DD, weekend car, track only?
Dont go anything eBay for turbo, its not a start, more like taking a few steps backwards. Search around on here, Honda tech or any other Honda site for info on specifics for what your looking for. More than likely there's already a more detailed thread/ threads than you'll get out of this.
(05-26-2013, 03:35 AM)gunmtlh22 Wrote:  What motor? HP goals? DD, weekend car, track only?
Dont go anything eBay for turbo, its not a start, more like taking a few steps backwards. Search around on here, Honda tech or any other Honda site for info on specifics for what your looking for. More than likely there's already a more detailed thread/ threads than you'll get out of this.

I only agree with the first questions. What is the car used for and motor info?

As for ebay is pretty awesome for going boost. I got almost all of my stuff from ebay. The only difference is my turbo was a used garrett t3 that i found in an auction. Aside from there turbos (which can be a hit or miss) there wastegates (wyntomn), blowoff valves(wyntomn), cast manifolds, intercoolers, intercooling piping work fine. And alot of online stores sell on ebay like phearble.net, so you can get all the other necessities on ebay like arp headstuds, gauges (oil,boost), wideband, etc.
[Image: file-4-1.jpg]1998 civic ex-t 214/192
Life quote
"i remember spandex and fat asses, i dont remember faces"
have some money planned for your build, then have money for after its done when stuff starts to break.

Ask Steve ^^ SSJ2 about that.. things will break or need replacing.
(05-26-2013, 07:17 AM)ssj2 Wrote:  I only agree with the first questions. What is the car used for and motor info?

As for ebay is pretty awesome for going boost. I got almost all of my stuff from ebay. The only difference is my turbo was a used garrett t3 that i found in an auction. Aside from there turbos (which can be a hit or miss) there wastegates (wyntomn), blowoff valves(wyntomn), cast manifolds, intercoolers, intercooling piping work fine. And alot of online stores sell on ebay like phearble.net, so you can get all the other necessities on ebay like arp headstuds, gauges (oil,boost), wideband, etc.

I'm speaking specifically on complete eBay turbo kits. I use eBay for buying stuff all the time through distributors on there to get a slightly better deal. As for the no name turbo components. I'll just say your one of the lucky ones if everything worked right for you. I've personally in my garage seen intercooler kits that didn't fit, Bov's and wastgates that stick/ come apart, etc. Just not worth it to me when you can spend a little more and get a high quality set-up. In the end though it OP's car and money I'm just throwing out my 2 cents from personal experience/ mindset.
I know what your are saying about the complete kits they are trash. Op is better off piece the kit using reliable ebay parts like the brand i stated which came highly recommend by guys with twinscroll 400+hp setups and many others.
[Image: file-4-1.jpg]1998 civic ex-t 214/192
Life quote
"i remember spandex and fat asses, i dont remember faces"
Thanks for the input guys but i have 97 ex coupe d16y8, it's my dd and i only want around 200hp hahah
Keep that as your goal.. any more then that and you'll be on here singing a different tune. Smackself
(05-27-2013, 12:09 AM)Ej8Jimmy Wrote:  Thanks for the input guys but i have 97 ex coupe d16y8, it's my dd and i only want around 200hp hahah

200hp will be very nice to drive around.

A backup plan will be nice if things stop working and you need time to fix it and get back on the road though.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

200fwhp is easily doable. Do as the other guys have suggested and have money set aside for after the "build" because stuff (not just eBay stuff) will break and you want to be ready for it.
[Image: 2wheel_500x200_zpsbedpcptg.jpg]
▫ #B34RSQUAD77 ▫ TallyImports.com ▫ Dixie SCCA STC #34 | Dixieland Imports SMF #188 ▫
TrackTUNED ▫ @srslyartyg ▫ Feeling Sticky Decals #FeelingStickyDecals ▫ EJ8Squad #737