Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average
jdm d15b head on a y8 motor?
Would a jdm d15b head fit on a y8 motor? My last ej I put that swap in it when it blew, with that dual solenoid the v-tec was very powerfull but the bottom end speed was very slow. If you put that head on the y8 block would that be pretty powerfull? I raced my buddies 01 gsr with that jdm d15 and he would leave me, but when my v-tec kicked in I would catch back up with my buddy or depending on the gear he wouldn't get any further. Also the v-tec was just as loud as his, I would love to have that again my v-tec isn't very loud or powerfull as it was with the jdm d15. My buddy was even impressed with the v-tec on it. Gotme
Lmao why is every noobs obsession having a loud vtec? But to answer your question: yes, it will fit.
[Image: file-4-1.jpg]1998 civic ex-t 214/192
Life quote
"i remember spandex and fat asses, i dont remember faces"
The head will fit, but u may have to change obd?

(03-14-2013, 02:54 PM)ssj2 Wrote:  Lmao why is every noobs obsession having a loud vtec? But to answer your question: yes, it will fit.

I've Been driving imports for 10 years and I still love the sound of a nice crossover. Whether its vvl, vvti, vtec, etc
[Image: ed68l.jpg]
Well its not that its louder it pulls a crap ton more than the y8 one, but it does sound effen nice as *poopy*.

...I might be a noob here but I've been driving honda's since 04.

I've had two ej8's ,two del sol's and a da. With the d15 you do not have to change out the ecu. My last one worked perfectly with my stock ecu and did not have a check engine light.
(03-14-2013, 07:25 PM)hocmedej8 Wrote:  The head will fit, but u may have to change obd?

(03-14-2013, 02:54 PM)ssj2 Wrote:  Lmao why is every noobs obsession having a loud vtec? But to answer your question: yes, it will fit.

I've Been driving imports for 10 years and I still love the sound of a nice crossover. Whether its vvl, vvti, vtec, etc

strong vtec hit= craptastic tune has been my train of thought but to each their own.

and op the y8 and d15b are basically the same power wise. Swapping the head will do nothing power wise in the grand scheme of things its still a sohc.
[Image: file-4-1.jpg]1998 civic ex-t 214/192
Life quote
"i remember spandex and fat asses, i dont remember faces"
I swapped my d16y8 for the d15b and it was stupid slow till the v-tec kicked in. They told me it was basicly the same motor but the power was no where near the same. The bottom end power was a crap ton slower and the v tec was a lot faster. Could it have been the head that made it slower cause the three stage v-tec is supposed to be for fuel effecientcy. What else could I do to get that kind of v-tec? It sounded and pulled like my buddies gsr nothing like the stock y8.
I put my Y8 head on a d15b block.

Kinda the opposite but it should work.

IDK much at all about swaps but I think you'll need a P2J ECU... i just sold mine
[Image: 69zt.png]
When I had the swap done I still had the original ecu for the y8 just when he did the swap he used my intake manifold and exhaust manifold and I think dizzy.
I thought the 3 stage was supposed to be comparable to other vtec d series but with vtec-e at low rpm.
Ya it has two solenoids I had both of them hooked up I wonder if that could of been why it was so powerfull. Maybe with both solenoids that it made both v tec's kick in at the same time but isn't it controlled by the cam?