Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Dead Forum
Is this Forum like dieing? Ive commented in couple threads in 2 different catagories like 4 days ago and im still the last person who commented and the thread is still at the top of the page. Tells me that theres not really and new threads and not many people on here browsing that comments. Just my observation...
[Image: 27988109-0145-4b71-a91b-14fc88d7fc79.jpg]
Squad member #756
Check out my epic build/restore http://www.ej8squad.com/thread-21012.html
Forum activity fluctuates throughout the year. Don't worry about it too much it always comes around.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
forum traffic definitely dies down some in the winter months as people aren't showing their cars off as much. it will pick up here soon w/ Spring time coming. there are also lots of lurkers on this site who don't post much.
Jackie-O Wrote:My house is home to the illusive, yet powerful, Nom Noms. He will eat your babbys. His eyes are like laser beams, his claws are sharp talons. He slaps like a pimp and makes dogs run in fear.
Your resident smartass mod.
4 Doors FTW

When I 1st joined traffic was real heavy year round, A LOT of members including myself was on unemployment, or could only land part-time jobs, and a lot of members was either in school or on break so there was so many people online, threads posting, members basically lived on this site. If you left for 2 minutes, the shoutbox was on a totally different subject with 5 different members lol. Half the members that kept the site moving fast aren't on here anymore or even own a ej8 anymore. At times I do miss the good old days. Couple years ago I knew 90% of members by their name, now can maybe name 10 members lol. So many new people now, most threads are introductions, and questions. Which is good I guess, new people and helping members. I've noticed a lot of one hitters in the pass year. Oh and one more thing, the og's that are still active, and still own ej8's have brought their ride from trashy to classy and are sorta coming to the end of the road with mods, upgrades, and pics. Only so much you can do to a civic including your budget and The time comes that you sometimes get bored and dont know what route to take next.
[Image: ed68l.jpg]
I'm not a OG but i've been on here since around 2009-10 and since then a lot of traffic has died down. Even from jus a year ago. ROTM at the beginning of the year always was filled by the 5th to the 10th of the month. Last month it came down to the wire. I'm usually on here everyday but my time schedule is different being i'm in Germany now but even with that the DIY thread can only go so far, builds slow down around the holidays and pick back up around tax season, photo shoots pop up in the spring as well as car meets/shows. All in all it's a cycle every year, but one thing we all have to remember forums are a great meeting place to meet new people and find new friends so eventually numbers are swapped, FB comes into play, local meetings start to happen and what happens to the forums... they end up dying down and eventually go to Forum Heaven.

Another thing that hurts the forum is being EJ8. What i mean by that is the EJ8 chassis is getting old, really old. Some of our cars are 17 yrs old, in 3 years that's boarder line classic. So the audience of EJ8 owners will die down, especially with other chassis like the EG, EK, DC, etc. being favored by more people for various reasons. With the run of "Stanced" cars going crazy EJ8s started to shine again. Why, becuz they where easy to find while everyone chased after EKs, EGs, DCs or EM1s. EJs was fairly inexpensive, easy to work on, swap friendly and very mod-able. These other forums survive because they are chassis friendly, ie. H-T, ClubCivic, CivicLife, so on and so on. These are sites that either welcome all Hondas or Hondas of a particular make not jus the chassis code. Don't get me wrong i love this forum and i have met a lot of good friends here. It's chill and way more laid back than H-T or other places, but let's face it the forum is dying becuz times are changing, people are selling cars, the squad isn't being advertised to new people and OGs are coming to an end on there cars. This could all be my imagination and it could be just the seasons changing... or is it.

Lastly, good things don't last forever, but great things live on in eternity. And that's what i've gain here with you guys, "GREAT" friends.

that's my 2¢

hold up... the OP joined back in 2011 and only has 95 post? Are you one of the lurkers? lol
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
(03-04-2013, 05:41 PM)DerrtyByrd Wrote:  hold up... the OP joined back in 2011 and only has 95 post? Are you one of the lurkers? lol

I'm glad someone other than me caught that. Builds come to an end at some point, and honestly if anything ever happened to my car (knock on wood) You'll never catch me behind the wheel of another Honda. So as older members fade away it's up to the new guys to stay active, and as of the past year and a half its come down to an intro post, a few post count bumps to unlock the classified and then going ghost on the site.

There's nothing we can do really, yes we're limited by being chassis specific but we're also a tight knit group, and I prefer it that way tbh.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
(03-04-2013, 06:14 PM)Kallar68 Wrote:  So as older members fade away it's up to the new guys to stay active, and as of the past year and a half its come down to an intro post, a few post count bumps to unlock the classified and then going ghost on the site.
^truth.

Hey Kallar when are u getting the new bumpers painted and put on? If u need help finding a euro plate holder for the front let me know i know a website u can get one from. It's universal but it works great, it's the same one i got.
[Image: 36362342012_1d0dc66730.jpg]
••••Bags are for the weak, drive it how you park it!! "Static All Day", it's a lifestyle!••••
its been like this for some time , dont worry too much about it lol
[Image: 2qtzxiu.jpg]
Ej8 Squad Member #592
(03-04-2013, 03:44 PM)HonduhDave Wrote:  there are also lots of lurkers on this site who don't post much.

I come back and check up on this site from time to time... ninja
[Image: HarlemShakeHachiSignatureFinal_zps03044126.gif]
I check in now and then, but being a home owner and restoring a truck takes up all my time. This place isn't what it used to be, we're passing the crown down to the youngsters now (who seem more concerned with what suspension to run than decent automotive discussion.)
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.