Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
damm cops !!!!!!!!
hey squad im just pissed these cops have nothing to do then mess with ppl. i got a fix it ticket for modified exhaust like a month ago so today i just bought a vibrant muffler right so i was happy because i really liked it so on the way home the cops pull me over for it again!!!Banghead and give me another one when i just got it done today and im pretty sure vibrant is not illegal here in los angeles or CA since its sold in pepboys a big auto store. so then he checks under the hood and gives me another one for intake!! ahhhh BUT it had a dam BAR number and i said it is leggal and he still said so -_- so that just killed my whole day guys. well i wanted to ask any Cali guys if my vibrant muffler is clearly legal here and i can have it on with no prob. sorry for the long rant lol gotta let it out with the squad.
no info here on the vibrant but damn that sucks. and for the intake, ive heard they just give you a ticket and then you go to court and just fight it and you'll win as long as you present the papers or pictures of the CARB sticker. Fight them both though, get all the info you can, research, and you'll win. Once you win that cop probably won't mess with you anymore and you'll be in the clear. Good luck!

thanks man thats what ima do tomorrow take a pic of the intake. what i kno it it has to be 95db to pass and as what i searched is that vibrant is leggal.
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/98-leg...luded.html

read this through and you will definitely win your case. look at what section B) says as stated in his thread and then say the same thing he did to the judge.

Thanks man that's a big help I will try to win this crap Cali sucks man lol
+1 for you man
I believe the vibrant is still illegal. According to some law any modified exhaust is illegal in California and you can get a ticket. Whether its carb legal or not. Most cops won't do this tho. You must have caught him on a day Krispy Kreme was sold out or something.
The intake you can get away with tho.
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
damm i was hoping it wasnt but also has to be less then 95db's like eastbay posted in the link.
also i believe my damm ej has to do alot with it stands out way to much Gotme
what part of cali are you in? and ehh its a fine line cuz technically any mods to your exhaust are illegal. you can try to get a court date though if you want i believe if you call in
Fo' girls chose, but I'm in a 2 seater

[Image: Mr_Xavier.jpg]
(10-04-2012, 03:21 AM)TerriYockee Wrote:  I believe the vibrant is still illegal. According to some law any modified exhaust is illegal in California and you can get a ticket. Whether its carb legal or not. Most cops won't do this tho. You must have caught him on a day Krispy Kreme was sold out or something.
The intake you can get away with tho.

This is what I've always heard. Granted I'm a couple thousand miles away, but ive always read that any modified exhaust in Cali is illegal. If I ever lived in Cali, I don't know that I'd own a modified car. Too many hoops to jump through.
Yeah man cali sucks ! Cops hate imports but if they see a loud muscle car they won't even bother them