Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJHS2011's 1996 Civic Ex
This is my first thread for my new car. It's a 1996 Ex. D16y8. Bought it from a friend of mine. I bought it 8/28/12 and it broke down the next day. The crankshaft pulley key stripped and tore up the crank pretty bad. So this weekend, I am pulling the motor out and rebuilding it from ground up. Here are some pictures of the car right before it messed up.

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]

Sorry for the quality. Sent from my basic phone.
Welcome!
Need a sideskirt?
Dang, that sucks.
[Image: ed68l.jpg]
(09-01-2012, 11:36 AM)ekboost Wrote:  Need a sideskirt?

Yes but I will worry about looks after I rebuild this motor. Have one for sale?

(09-01-2012, 09:57 PM)hocmedej8 Wrote:  Dang, that sucks.

I know right. I'm not mad that it happened though because I was going to replace the headgasket anyways. It's just now I have to pull the motor and put a little extra into it. It will be worth it though because the car is completely rust/dent free so.
Today was the only day I worked on it. It took me 4 hours to pull the motor by myself and I spent a couple more hours disassembling it, until I sliced my finger open and called it a day.

[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]
Time for a wire tuck Big Grin I remember pulling my motor by myself. Longest day ever
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
^^ x2 wire tuck that beast.. I regret not doing mine when I did my swap. Keep us up to date bro.

Sent from your mom's bedroom. Wink
Ain't no squad like the EJ8 SQUAD..
[Image: GreenEJ8sig.png]
(09-04-2012, 11:41 PM)TerriYockee Wrote:  Time for a wire tuck Big Grin I remember pulling my motor by myself. Longest day ever

Luckily this wasn't my first rodeo so I knew what was in store. It would be nice to have an extra set of hands though.

(09-05-2012, 12:06 AM)Cracking VTEC Wrote:  ^^ x2 wire tuck that beast.. I regret not doing mine when I did my swap. Keep us up to date bro.

Sent from your mom's bedroom. Wink

I will do the best I can on the tuck but probably won't be doing to much of anything. I will still be running a/c, p/s, windshield washers, and cruise control. So it will still look sloppy in there. Sad
(09-05-2012, 08:13 PM)AJHS2011 Wrote:  I will do the best I can on the tuck but probably won't be doing to much of anything. I will still be running a/c, p/s, windshield washers, and cruise control. So it will still look sloppy in there. Sad

Welcome, I'm happy to hear that you are keeping all the options, a lot of people like to rip them all out and it makes me wonder why they got an EX instead of a DX.

Sorry to hear about the motor, doesn't seem like it slowed ya down any though. Good stuff.
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.