Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Film photography help/tips
#1
So as some of you know I'm taking a course on film photography and 80% of our grade is our portfolio and the remaining 20% is critiques and helping to clean the lab.

Well I've never shot film and since I cant just fix my errors in post production or take a couple hundred shots and pick my favorite 5 I'd appreciate any tips, tricks, or set ups that have worked for you. Basically I'm looking for f-stop/shutter speed settings that have worked for you.

I'll be shooting with my Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a 50mm 1.7 prime lens or a Sony 18-55mm lens. ISO is set at 100 and film is Kodak tri-x 400 black and white.

anything and everything is appreciated.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
Reply
#2
If your camera ISO setting is 100 and your film speed is 400, you might be getting some over-exposed photos. Pretty sure ISO should equal film speed for the correct exposure. Then again, I know almost nothing about film. Toungue
[Image: 7576999932_bba1985476_o.jpg]
Reply
#3
To my understanding that is correct, but that's what my professor said to set the ISO at. I have 4 shots left on this roll so we'll see how they turn out on Monday when I develop the negatives, then Wednesday I make my first prints. Or I can go to CVS to do it if I really can't wait lol.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
Reply
#4
If it has anything to do with cars, this is your new best friend:

http://www.lynda.com/Lightroom-tutorials...471-2.html
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

Reply
#5
Hello... I'm new here... From Montreal, Canada. Been checking out everything and everyone for the past year since I bought my Ej a year and a half ago, and let me tell you that there is some awesome stuff on here! I'm a music producer starting video and photography (idea to clash everything together) and was wondering, since you've mentioned school, how long are programs usually and price range..
No guts...no glory...Slybump
Reply
 




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

About EJ8 Squad