Announcements
Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Film photography help/tips
So as some of you know I'm taking a course on film photography and 80% of our grade is our portfolio and the remaining 20% is critiques and helping to clean the lab.

Well I've never shot film and since I cant just fix my errors in post production or take a couple hundred shots and pick my favorite 5 I'd appreciate any tips, tricks, or set ups that have worked for you. Basically I'm looking for f-stop/shutter speed settings that have worked for you.

I'll be shooting with my Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a 50mm 1.7 prime lens or a Sony 18-55mm lens. ISO is set at 100 and film is Kodak tri-x 400 black and white.

anything and everything is appreciated.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
If your camera ISO setting is 100 and your film speed is 400, you might be getting some over-exposed photos. Pretty sure ISO should equal film speed for the correct exposure. Then again, I know almost nothing about film. Toungue
[Image: 7576999932_bba1985476_o.jpg]
To my understanding that is correct, but that's what my professor said to set the ISO at. I have 4 shots left on this roll so we'll see how they turn out on Monday when I develop the negatives, then Wednesday I make my first prints. Or I can go to CVS to do it if I really can't wait lol.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
If it has anything to do with cars, this is your new best friend:

http://www.lynda.com/Lightroom-tutorials...471-2.html
[Image: lugsig.jpg]
Cute Girl Aficionado. Honda Basher. Traditionalist. 27 Years Old. Mafia Stylus 893.261.6669. 性交の雌犬はお金を得る
Retired: This means I am not part of; or even vaguely interested in, your scenes, fads, meets, etc.

Hello... I'm new here... From Montreal, Canada. Been checking out everything and everyone for the past year since I bought my Ej a year and a half ago, and let me tell you that there is some awesome stuff on here! I'm a music producer starting video and photography (idea to clash everything together) and was wondering, since you've mentioned school, how long are programs usually and price range..
No guts...no glory...Slybump