Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Just a suggestion for this forum section...
Just a suggestion for the site. I belong to a lot of forums from Mustang forums, to vintage VW forums, S10 forums, as well as a couple Honda forums now. One thing I usually found very helpful on many of the forums was a "Wheel/Tire and Suspension Specs Sticky Thread" at the top of the wheel/tire section. In this section everyone would post a pic or two of their car with their most current wheel, tire, and suspension specs. No discussions, just wheel, specs (brand, size, & fitment), tire size, and suspension (usually what springs and how far they lowered it). As we all know wheels tires, and stance are everything in achieving the desired look with your ride. I think it might be helpful for a lot of us if we could start a thread like this. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
John
Pretty much everyone runs the same sizes.

either 15x7 or 16x7 in various offsets, usually between +30 to +45 and a few have extreme offsets.

Theres no secret wheel or specs that are out there.. If you see a wheel you like, PM the guy and he will tell you.

As far as suspension, 60-70% of us are lowered on F&F type 1
I've always found this helpful actually. It would cut down on the "Will these Rotas fit on my lowered civic" threads we see. After a couple years, most wheel, tire and suspension combos are covered.
I'd be down for something like this, no real conversation - just pics and wheel/tire specs. maybe suspension specs too, that could work.
Jackie-O Wrote:My house is home to the illusive, yet powerful, Nom Noms. He will eat your babbys. His eyes are like laser beams, his claws are sharp talons. He slaps like a pimp and makes dogs run in fear.
Your resident smartass mod.
4 Doors FTW

wasn't there a thread like a month or two ago exactly like this but with just wheel specs? I'd just sticky that and add the spring information because nobody mentioned that.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS
I could live with a thread like this. We have the post your wheels thread that people posted specs as well. People could ad their suspension to it. Would greatly cut down the "what suspension should I get" or "what size wheels" threads that pop up multiple times a week.
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I think it would cut down on alot of repeat threads.
Build YOUR car the way YOU want!
[IMG]
(04-28-2012, 03:50 PM)Kallar68 Wrote:  wasn't there a thread like a month or two ago exactly like this but with just wheel specs? I'd just sticky that and add the spring information because nobody mentioned that.

Yeah this. And then just have people answer the following

Tire Size
Wheel size
Wheel offset
Type of wheels
Shocks and Springs/Coilover brand

I'd say those 5 things would be really hopefully

ok, well enough talking about it.

Someone start one
I'd start it but that would require me telling you guys what my wheels are Toungue

It should also include anything you had to do to pull the stance off, ex. rolled fenders, pull, excessive camber etc. We dont want people to see a stance they like, go out and buy the stuff they see and then have the tires slashed on the fender lips.
[Image: sig6.jpg~original]
1996 EJ6 Sedan | Build Thread | Squad Decals| Premium Membership | Squad Lanyards
CRAZY HYPE!!! | HOT WHEELS