Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Dual vs. Single bend shift lever ergonomics explained
The dual bend style was the standard found in late model manual transmission Integras. My car came stock with a single bend. I knew it was time to upgrade to a short throw shifter, but I was unsure about what style I should choose. I ended up doing quite a bit of research in order to increase my knowledge about the difference. I realized dual bend shift levers are very popular among the Honda community. I was curious why. Anyway, I was lucky enough to find some great information that answered my question about ergonomic difference.

Here is a diagram that was pmed to me by db1st of honda-tech. I hope it proves useful.
[Image: dualvssingle.png]

I never wanted an Integra shifter, so I didn't really look into details for swapping to an oem shift lever. Warning: Integra shift levers are not plug and play with civics according to my knowledge. The transition can be made, but it does require some additional steps.
[Image: 11214GSR_Civic_Shifter_001.jpg]

Left to Right: MFactory, 94-01 Integra, and 00-01 Integra type-R. According to my sources, the only difference found in the ITR lever is the finish.
[Image: DSCN1601.jpg]

Please feel free to contribute to this thread.
[Image: imagesCAPD9RO4.jpg?t=1307864443] I live in Milpitas!
CTR shift linkage is the same as the ITR in the bend and all that. at least the one i got was.
"Damn, this thread got 9 kinds of gangster real quick." - Artik Guns
[Image: 4906364757_ea3c6fe279.jpg]
Why is the mfactory shifter so long?
edit by: Adam SkunkdSiR
[Image: sig-1.jpg]
EJ8SQUAD#426
its the same length as the other two.
the bottom part being longer makes it a short shifter
insert cool sig pic here
SquadMember#715 CGPV2.0Member#1 Rice --> Nice[ish] Build Thread
(01-11-2011, 04:39 AM)Z3RO Wrote:  CTR shift linkage is the same as the ITR in the bend and all that. at least the one i got was.

U have a ctr shift lever? How did u find one?

[Image: imagesCAPD9RO4.jpg?t=1307864443] I live in Milpitas!
(01-11-2011, 04:46 AM)terriyockeeboi Wrote:  its the same length as the other two.
the bottom part being longer makes it a short shifter

Oh no wonder my stupid shifter keep hitting my exhaust on my ej8.
I had to custom bend my exhaust downward for that reason.
EJ8SQUAD#426
(01-11-2011, 04:47 AM)BEAR_times Wrote:  
(01-11-2011, 04:39 AM)Z3RO Wrote:  CTR shift linkage is the same as the ITR in the bend and all that. at least the one i got was.

U have a ctr shift lever? How did u find one?

Hes a JDM ninja

So the bottom length makes the throw shorter? hmmm sounds like the Integra lever might be a good mod than.

squire250 has one and he said you basically just have to dremel the sides in a bit where it attached to the linkage...seems simple enough.
i have an OE integra shifter and works for me.. but i have B series linkage as well.
(01-11-2011, 11:12 AM)EsotericImage Wrote:  i have an OE integra shifter and works for me.. but i have B series linkage as well.

i thought you are a single slammer. No?
EJ8SQUAD#426
Boosted B20 i thot everyone knew that..lol