Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Rear Disk Information
Alright, here's whats up..

Basic Information:
EX's have larger front brakes than most other 6th geneneration civics, thus forth our proportioning valve apply's more pressure to the front brakes.

The Proportioning valve out of any other 96-0 Civic Will as long as it has the same front brakes. DX,LX,Si.

Proportioning valves from Integra's WILL work, however they are a different design/shape/size to the ones in the EJ/EK Body style.

Next,
Lower Control Arms:
Integra and EG have the same length Lower control arm.
EJ/EK Control arms ARE LONGER.

Rear Camber Arms:
EJ/EK Camber arms bolt up differently to the body than EG/DC.
Any EJ/EK will work, EJ6/EJ7/EJ8/EM1 Camber arms will work.

E-brake lines:
99-00 Si Will work
92-95 EX Sedan (should) work
94-01 Integra does work.

However, the OEM bracketry to where the e-brake lines are bolted to the car might NOT bolt up, and you will have to route otherwise.

Trailing Arms:
1990-2001 Integra Rear disks are ALL THE SAME. Do not pay more for "GSR" rear disks than LS. They're identical.

Doner Vehicles for Trailing arms:
1990-2001 Integra
1999-2000 Civic Si
92-95 Civic Sedan EX

Other might work, but those are the Most common cars you'll find...doubt you'll find a Sol, and those might not work. Some ED2's have rear disks, but Im not sure the length or if they'll even fit.

Master Cylinder:
Civic EX and Civic Si all have the same 7/8ths Master Cylinder
Integra's are said to be a 1" Master
and S2000 to be a 1 1/8th" or an inch and some change.

Enjoy
- David.
RIP 96 Civic EX (Sandra) - RIP 97 Civic EX (Rhonda) - RIP 98 Civic EX (Rhonda Mk II). RIP Stock Y8 Boost (312whp) - RIP Vitara Y8 376whp. '06 STi (Stee) -330awhp E85 FPGreen - Sold. 410whp SOHC-T Sold. 98 Civic Hatchback (Lucy) - Stolen & Stripped. '03 Audi A4 1.8T - Slow as fawk.
"i got the long arm of the law rammed all the way up my a$$, elbow deep" - Eric
STICKY!!!
...got tired of the pointless threads.
RIP 96 Civic EX (Sandra) - RIP 97 Civic EX (Rhonda) - RIP 98 Civic EX (Rhonda Mk II). RIP Stock Y8 Boost (312whp) - RIP Vitara Y8 376whp. '06 STi (Stee) -330awhp E85 FPGreen - Sold. 410whp SOHC-T Sold. 98 Civic Hatchback (Lucy) - Stolen & Stripped. '03 Audi A4 1.8T - Slow as fawk.
I'm pretty sure that the trailing arms are only from 94-01 and the 94-01 GSR are different also. If I'm not mistaken they are 5-lug not 4-lug, but I could be wrong, when I did my rear disk swap I sourced from a 95 integra LS I didn't go with the GSR because I would have to buy the front as well which are all 5-lug
[Image: frankysig.png]
(04-13-2010, 06:59 PM)Frankmoocivic Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the trailing arms are only from 94-01 and the 94-01 GSR are different also. If I'm not mistaken they are 5-lug not 4-lug, but I could be wrong, when I did my rear disk swap I sourced from a 95 integra LS I didn't go with the GSR because I would have to buy the front as well which are all 5-lug

My disks are from a 98 GSR.

They're Identical to the ones on a 1990 LS Integ.

as long as they're all 4 lug obviously.
(04-13-2010, 06:56 PM)NightCat Wrote:  ...got tired of the pointless threads.

Mswerd
[Image: Silver_EJ7SmallGoogleImitationBase.png]
Follow on Instagram here
My BUILD UPDATED 2/25/14 ||| Non-EJ8 VSM
ok well i got some rear disks off of a si eg hatch what else do i need to put them on? (i got everything with them the trailing arms and all) and i guessing that the rear camber kit that i have now will not work??
Power Of Dreams....
This is an Information/archive/data thread. not a How-To. So Artik, if ya wanna split his thread please do so.

Okay, You're going to need the E-brake Lines. The ones of an EG MIGHT work..but I know for a fact EM1 and DC2 lines do.

and CAN use your stock EJ6/7/8 rear camber kit.

EG Lower Control arms are too short
EG Camber arms are different.

So, Unbolt the trailing arm from your rear LCA, and from the camber arm. and there is a bitch of a little arm called your Toe arm in front of that. I would actually start with the Toe Arm and work back...but its a pain in the @$$ to get it off.

Before all this though, be sure to remove your stock e-brake cables, undo all the little 10mm bolts that hold the guiding brackets for the e-brake cables, and to pop off the back part of your exhaust (if I remember right)
Cant get it any simpler. Good job!
"Wars come and go but my Soldiers are eternal."
-Tupac Shakur

[Image: Bobbyej8.jpg]
EJ8Squad #435 - CGP v2.0 #19 - Build thread
I just recently found out Candian SiR's have ABS.

So I'll need a USDM prop valve for that peace of mind.
Current Ride: 98 Civic Si(CDM)
EJ8Squad #654
DesignedByDave.Ca
Follow me on Twitter